December 2010 Moms
Options

cookie xchg: WDYbring?

I'm familiar with the concept but haven't actually been to one. For whatever reason I'm having the hardest time choosing a cookie to bring! What have you brought before and/or what stood out? And if anyone wants to share a link to a yummy recipe, by all means..!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: cookie xchg: WDYbring?

• Options

My absolute favorite cookies are Walnut Jam Birds' Nests. Mmmm Totally not a traditional exchange cookie (that I know of), but its different and delicious. I always get asked for the recipe.

Just don't try to look up the nutritional content. lol

Ingredients:

2 c. sifted all purpose flour

1/4 tsp. salt

1 c. butter, softened

1/2 c. brown sugar, firmly packed

2 egg yolks

1 tsp. vanilla

2 egg whites, slightly beaten

2 c. finely chopped walnuts

raspberry jam

Directions:

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flower and salt together. Beat butter, sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla in a bowl until light and fluffy. Work in sifted ingredients and mix until smooth. Pinch off small pieces of dough and roll gently between the palms of your hands to form balls approximately 1" in diameter. Dip balls in egg white and then into chopped nuts. Place about 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten cookies slightly with the palm of your hand and make an indentation in each center with your thumb. Bake 12 - 15 minutes, until golden brown. As they are cooling, push down any indented centers that flattened out during baking. When cool, fill indents with raspberry jam.

Makes about 3 1/2 dozen.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options

I don't have any recipes with me, but I love the peanut butter ones with the hershey kiss pressed in, pumpkin chocolate chip, and/or triple ginger cookies.

I'll try to get on with a recipe later this evening.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekj07:

I don't have any recipes with me, but I love the peanut butter ones with the hershey kiss pressed in, pumpkin chocolate chip, and/or triple ginger cookies.

THIS!  ...YUM!!

My mom, sisters and I used to go when we lived in CA. our family put one on, invited friends, etc and it was always a lot of fun.  Just pick ANY cookie you like, and print up a bunch of little recipe cards. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers We're Finally Three

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Cassie has read 1 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • Options
    I have a great recipe for chocolate gingerbread cookies with icing - they are the bomb. also, powdered sugar cookie balls are always a hit. I have really good recipes for both - if you want them, let me know and I'll post. :-) oh and those green wreath cookies (corn flakes with marshmallows tinted green) are also cute!
  • Options

Ooh, I want the chocolate gingerbread cookies recipe!

I do white chocolate chip cranberry cookies -- they are awesome!

White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened 
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar 
    1/2 cup white sugar 
    1 egg 
    1 tablespoon brandy
    1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda 
    3/4 cup white chocolate chips 
    1 cup dried cranberries 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and brandy. Combine the flour and baking soda; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the white chocolate chips and cranberries. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. For best results, take them out while they are still doughy. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. 

Note: I froze these after making the dough (already in cookie size) and let them sit on the counter for a few minutes before baking. They turned out perfectly! 

norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagechrisncassie:
    imagekj07:

THIS!  ...YUM!!

My mom, sisters and I used to go when we lived in CA. our family put one on, invited friends, etc and it was always a lot of fun.  Just pick ANY cookie you like, and print up a bunch of little recipe cards. 

I saw a version of this on pinterest, it was a mocha cookie with a chocolate/mint hershey kiss....looked delish!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Options

umm yumm! This was a terrible idea; it's making my decision harder! Thanks for posting your ideas everyone!!  and heck yea post that recipe if you have time! Who couldn't use more cookie recipes in their life?!

feed the inner fat kid Cool

• Options

GInger Sparkle Cookies

Group A ingredients

- 3/4 cup shortening

- 1 cup sugar

- 1 egg

- 1/4 cup mollasses

Group B ingredients

- 2 cups flour

- 1 tbs ginger

- 2 tsp baking soda

- 1/2 tsp salt

Directions

Mix group A ingredients.

Add group B ingredients.

Roll in small balls then roll those in sugar.

Bake on an ungreased sheet at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

• Options

Candy Cane Cookies

Ingredients

1 cup soft margarine (I may have used butter, but don't remember)

1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar

1 egg

1 1/2 tsp almond extract

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 2/3 cups sifted flour

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp red food coloring

1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy

1/2 cup granulated sugar

Directions

Mix together margarine (or butter), confectioners' sugar, egg, and almond and vanilla extracts.  Sift flour and salt together, adding to mixture.

Divide dough into two equal parts.  Into one half, blend the red food coloring.

Roll one teaspoon of each color of dough into a strip about 4 inches long.  Place strips side by side, press lightly together and twist like a rope.  Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and curve top down to form handle of a cane.  

Bake 9 minutes or until lightly browned at 375 degrees.

Remove with a spatula while warm and sprinkle with a mixutre of crushed peppermint candy and sugar. (I usually skip the sprinkling step)

Makes about 4 dozen candy canes.

*the dough is definitely sticky and a pain to work with.  But the cookies usually go over well so every few years I hunker down and deal with it.

• Options
    Oh wow, these are some great cookie ideas! Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    I've now copied down every recipe! I'm not sure which one I'm making yet for the exchange, but I'll probably make most of them for smaller family christmas swapping gifts. Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"