Babies: 3 - 6 Months

When did you start a sippy cup and what did you put in it?

Did you start with BM or formula? Water? What age? DS is showing signs of wanting to eat with us, but I don't want to give him any food until 6 mo. So I thought a sippy cup while we're eating would keep him entertained.

Thoughts?

Re: When did you start a sippy cup and what did you put in it?

• I tried giving DS a sippy cup (has a regular bottle nipple) on thanksgiving. So 5 months. I want to make sure he's in his high chair when I give it to him so he doesn't confuse it for his bottle. He did not understand how to use it. I think it's still too early for him. We will try again in another couple of weeks.

ETA: I put formula in the sippy cup.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Around 5 months. We put in water or highly diluted apple juice. We had better luck with a soft straw cup than the traditional sippies.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I offered my son a sippy cup at 6 months and he didn't want it but I tried again at 10 months and he was soo excited! So if he doesn't want it I wouldn't push it. But I put formula in it the first time he had it. But I wasn't able to breastfeed so I'm not sure which would be better for you, my son was use to formula.
    Daisypath - (fpox)Lilypie - (cr8G)  Lilypie - (jTpT)Lilypie - (LZoT)
    Started Dating DH 09/03/2009 Married 07/01/2011 
    Surprise BFP 10/18/2008 EDD 06/19/2009 DS #1 Born 06/16/2009
    TTC #2 12/2010 BFP 05/15/2011 EDD 01/09/2012 DS #2 Born 01/11/2012
    DH adopted DS #1 06/25/2012
    TTC #3 06/2013 BFP 02/19/2014 EDD 10/30/2014 DS #3 Born 10/10/2014

• I just got my LO a sippy cup its for 4 months and up (got it at Target), he just holds it right now. I try and give it to him two times a day
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I bought my LO a few different kinds for christmas :-) Im going to try them then and Ill keep you posted lol
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We are going to try this for a different reason... DD (almost 5 months) is refusing the bottle and only wants the boob. She will sometimes take a couple ounces but we thought we might try one of the transitional sippy cups and see how that goes if she will take to it. Today, I gave her a sippy we had just to see what she would do with it, and she grabbed one side and put the spout part in her mouth so maybe?!? i plan to use BM when we decide to try.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"