Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Help please! Re: rolling

Ok, so DS has mastered rolling from back to tummy but hasn't mastered tummy to back. Whenever I lay him down on his play mat all he wants to do is roll to his tummy. That's good & all except he gets mad & frustrated because he can't roll back to his back. So I have to roll him back over. But he just rolls right back to his tummy! It's annoying. LOL I try to show him how to roll back to his back but he just hasn't got it yet. Any advice on how to help him learn this faster? ANY advice is welcomed!! TIA!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help please! Re: rolling

• Options
    DD got the back to tummy roll down and is working on tummy to back - she hates being on her tummy but the second you put her down she flips onto her tummy and freaks out.  Our PT/OT told us to leave her on her tummy for a bit, firstly because shes getting really good exercise flailing about down there even though it looks like shes just mad - developmentally all that screaming and scooting and arm waving is important and secondly because she needs to learn how to roll back over and the best way to do that is out of frustration and need.  So I say let him work it out a little on his tummy before rescuing him, eventually (like DD) he will start to tolerate his tummy more and he will be working on all the muscles he needs to flip back over
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    ha! no advice here, because I'm in the exact same situation.  Maybe we will get some good advice...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageadrielegorburu:
    DD got the back to tummy roll down and is working on tummy to back - she hates being on her tummy but the second you put her down she flips onto her tummy and freaks out.  Our PT/OT told us to leave her on her tummy for a bit, firstly because shes getting really good exercise flailing about down there even though it looks like shes just mad - developmentally all that screaming and scooting and arm waving is important and secondly because she needs to learn how to roll back over and the best way to do that is out of frustration and need.  So I say let him work it out a little on his tummy before rescuing him, eventually (like DD) he will start to tolerate his tummy more and he will be working on all the muscles he needs to flip back over

Thats true. He is getting stronger. I do try to leave him on his tummy,  just kinda hard to hear him get so mad. Guess I will just need to suck it up & wait for this to pass. Stick out tongue thank you so much for your info! I really appreciate it!

• Options

imagelisamoe:
    ha! no advice here, because I'm in the exact same situation.  Maybe we will get some good advice...

Yes! I hope so! I'm just hoping he picks up on rolling back to his back before he starts rolling in his crib. That's my biggest fear. :/ 

• Options
    like the pp said you may just have to let him scream it out and flail a bit... eventually he'll roll himself back!  and the muscle development is so important.  i put this big shatterproof christmas ornament in front of my daughter when she's on her belly and struggling to get back over, it distracts her from being miserable and she actively tries to move towards it.  sometimes the stretching and pulling she does with her arms makes her roll back onto her back.. =)  maybe you could try something like that!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

The same problem.

My Mom insists she rolled her self back the other night, so if so that is a indicatin of just letting her work it out is helping. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"