2nd Trimester
Options

This is a bit overshare but I kinda need to know

I am almost 21 weeks. For the last two weeks I have had severe constipation (one day I had to call into work it was sooo bad an crampy) I know this part is typical, but for the past three days I have had terrible cramps and am having a bw three to four times a day! Today is even worse it isn't even solid!! Is this normal?!?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: This is a bit overshare but I kinda need to know

• Options
    If the too soft stool lasts more than 24 hours, go to the doctor, but it sounds somewhat normal to me. If you are nervous, call your OB.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had issues during my first trimester, mainly because I was on Zolfran for the m/s. Try drinking apple juice and a bland diet along with the stool softeners. If it still won't stop, talk to your OB.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My doctor seemed to think diarrhea is pretty normal. When I called they said to stick to a BRAT diet (bananas, rice, apples, toast...I think) of bland easy to digest food for a couple days. She also said to keep drinking lots of fluids and recommended ones with added electrolytes (smartwater, gatorade, ect.) to prevent dehydration.

If the diarrhea doesn't go away within a day or two I would definately call your OB, because thats what mine said to do. They said after a couple days I may have needed to go in for fluids. Luckily mine stopped that night, and here's hoping yours does too.

Good luck & feel better!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    I've had similar issues. Mostly becuase I take Zofran for the m/s (even though I'm well into my 2nd trimester), which causes terrible constipation. Then the stool softeners cause cramps. I would suggest calling your OB because 3 days in a row of cramping and such is more than I would be able to take. Seems so unfair that we have to deal with all of this, work, home, etc. Hang in there.
  • Options
    I had some diarrhea early on, and the nurse said that sometimes hormones can do that. Just make sure you don't get dehydrated. And, as always, if you notice any bleeding or fluid from the vagina, blah blah, call your dr or go to L&D.
  • Options
    imagecruelsound:

Well, all the poop you've been storing has to come out sometime.

Make sure you are drinking liquids and eating a bland diet. If you're still a trots firehose tomorrow, call your OB to be safe.

This. This has been happening to me off and on throughout the pregnancy. 2 weeks of no poop...a couple (really painful!) days of a lot of poop. Just keep up on your fluids...and I find that applesauce helps to solidify things a bit. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"