Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Crappy In-Laws

I know it is rude to vent about my husbands family, but I am just feeling really down today... 

We lost a baby a week after my husband and I found out I was pregnant and we were devastated. In that time we only told our immediate family and a few close friends. Everyone was so happy---even my mother and sister-in-law who we have skewed relationships with since my "stealing..." or shall we say, wedding to my husband nearly 3 years ago. Anyway, I found out my HCG levels were rapidly dropping on my sister-in-law's birthday right before I had to go to the party. Everyone knew by this point...oh, accept my father-in-law so he asked how far along we were, which didn't bother me coming from him because he really had no idea about our loss. After that, my sister-in-law decided we should all go to the bar to continue to celebrate her bithday...wow! So I left early after she decided to take a ton of pictures...HELLO!!!! I have been crying for hours. Leave me the F alone....

The next day I get on Facebook and see that she has put up pictures of my husbands' ex's (who is satan, they hate, and is the worst person on earth, etc., and has been a *** to me in person) baby... They also are buying this baby tons of toys and crap. EXACTLY what I wanted to see the morning after, as though I wasn't hurt enough with the situation itself. I finally just deleted my sister-in-law, which of course egged her on to try to start more drama with me, but who gives a F. I haven't spoken to her about it since and I say very little to my mother-in-law if I ever see her. 

Ugh...what am I going to do when I have to see these B's for Christmas??? 

Re: Crappy In-Laws

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss, and I'm really sorry you are being treated so badly by family.  Take time for yourself away from them, there is no need to make excuses.  The holidays are tough...ever thought about Xmas vacay with you and DH to avoid the situation all together?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options
    I am really sorry. I would avoid any and all interaction. Don't engage - crazy people want you to engage, so just ignore them. It sucks, but I think it works better than trying to fight it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Personally, I've been there with the whole stealing their son thing.  It came to a point of me no longer taking their belittling-ness, hatefullness and selfishness for us to decide to walk away and call it quits.  Its been almost 3 years of freedom, and it's great. My husbands sister is in the same boat of being basically shunned from the family.  It's a matter of you quitting them and moving on with waht you want in a family and what you want to teach your future children morals and the difference between right and wrong. it took us almost 3 years to get away.  ps. his parents are athe type of people who cant even call their only son to wish him well before 3 deployments or call to check up on their pregnant daughter in law who was doing this all alone. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Wow! How horrible of them! Honestly, what is wrong with these people??? I am so proud of you for just being done with them and putting you and your husband first! I wish I could too. Sometimes I just wish my husband would get on board. I just don't want him to disconnect because of my disdain for them...I know he is hurt, but he is just doesn't want to be done because I know he loves them. I just know I wouldn't put up with half the horrible and decietful things if the roles were reversed.

• Options
    SMH.  I would avoid them at all costs.  In the event that you absolutely have to deal with them, go in there and hold your head high.  Don't go to their level.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    TThanks everyone! I appreciate the support. I think we will severly limit the time we spend aroound them... I am going to take a PT before Christmas and I wont be including them in any of that news regaurdless. I am glad, however that other family will be there to help break up the tension...hopefully!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"