Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

new bottles for new baby?

I'm sure that this has been discussed before, so just humor me! For those of you with 2 or more kids, did you buy new bottles when your 2nd babe was born? For those of you that only have one LO so far, would you buy new bottles if you have another baby? I have been wondering about this. Alot of people say that they just buy new nipples and use the old bottles. We used Born Free bottles with DS, and will probably buy these again, but I think I would want to replace the other silicone and plastic venting parts as well as the nipples. This will cost almost as much as just getting new bottles. What say you ladies? New bottles altogether, or just buy new nipples and use the old bottles?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: new bottles for new baby?

• Options

We bought new nipples and that was it.

Why do you feel like you need to replace the other parts? I could see replacing all the bottles if they were 5 years+ old or something, but it seems silly to replace them before then.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    The other venting parts are made of silicone, so I heard that they too, wear out quickly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Dig up the instructions. They all say how often to replace parts.

I know nipples should be replaced every 3 months or so, but that's because they're always being chewed on.

We have Playtex Ventaire bottles and there is a silicone ring at the bottom that vents air. The rings still look brand new even though the nipples are near the end of their life. I'm not replacing the rings unless I lose one or there is a visible problem. It's not like they're chewed on like the nipples are.

Silicone is very sturdy. It's not like the brown rubber that breaks down just by sitting there. That's why most bottle parts are silicone now and you actually have to look for the brown rubber parts.

• Options
    I used the same bottles and nipples for my second kid.  I would never think to buy new ones.  Seems like a waste of money.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    IF we weren't one and done, I would have saved our bottles and bought new nipples when we had other kids.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think I may just replace the nipples, since they seem to be the only thing that would get worn because of sucking and chewing on them Smile The other parts should be fine after a good sterilizing! Thanks for the input!
  • Options
    We are just buying new nipples and another package of bottles so we don't have to wash them as often.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"