June 2012 Moms
Options

Is this possible?

I have a friend that is just a few weeks ahead of me.  She had her first U/S at 13 weeks and heard the heartbeat, saw baby, etc.  She got a call from the doctor yesterday that they want her to come back in 2 weeks to do another because they couldn't find the umbilical cord.  Would it even be possible to hear a heartbeat if there is no cord?  The nurse never acted like she saw anything odd.  Is this even possible?
BabyName Ticker

Re: Is this possible?

• Options
    That sounds like the tech screwed up! The Dr must have wanted pictures of the cord, but the tech didn't get them.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Options

This doesn't seem right to me. The baby get's oxygen through the cord so how could it have a beating heart with no cord? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageDuewith2nd:
    That sounds like the tech screwed up! The Dr must have wanted pictures of the cord, but the tech didn't get them.

This.  Baby has a cord, they just didn't get a picture of it.  The doctor just wants to examine certain structures to make sure baby is developing correctly.  Tell your friend not to worry.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 1 | EDD 4.1.11 | MMC D&C 10.27.10 | 14 weeks
    BFP 2 | EDD 9.29.11 | MC 1.25.11 | 6 weeks
    BFP 3 | EDD 3.4.12 | MC 9.5.11 | 10 weeks
    BFP 4 | Twins EDD 6.7.12 | MC James 10.31.11 Kellen 1.12.12 | 8 weeks/19 weeks

BFP 5 | EDD 12.24.12 | Rainbow Baby in the Making!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    **Formerly known as Nikki04vb**
    ? PGAL/PAL Welcome ?
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies.  I really appreciate your thoughts.  I didn't think it was possible, but of course, she is very worried. 
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Ya, not possible, but the Drs. do want pictures of the cord to check structure and blood flow.  I agree, sounds like the tech messed up and forgot to take a pic.  Just means your friend gets to see baby again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"