Stay at Home Moms
Options

Poll: How much do you spend on nieces/nephews?

How much do you spend on Christmas gifts for your nieces/nephews? How many kids do you buy for?

Re: Poll: How much do you spend on nieces/nephews?

• Options

I have 2 neices- DH has 2 nephews. Around 50.00 each.

Obviously- there is no right or wrong amount- just a financial decision you make.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Nothing. My kids and our nieces and nephews already get way too much at Christmas from grandparents, so we have agreed with our siblings/in-laws to just enjoy our time together and not worry about gifts.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have 2 nephews and spend around $30 on each of them. I used to spend more, but we've cut back on gift giving for everyone, including grandparents, the past couple of years.
  • Options
    We have three nieces and one nephew. I usually spend about $50 each.
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have one and we spend about $50.00.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Judging from PPers maybe we could cut back some. We have two nephews and spend around $100 each. 
  • Options
    We just got our first one this year.  We are spending $50 on her. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have 6 nephews and one niece and spend between $10-20.  BIL #1 (who has 5 boys) generally buys all gifts from the dollar store (if he gets any at all), so we don't spend too much. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have 20 nieces and nephews.  I only buy for my godchildren (I have 2) and spend $50 each
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options
    DH and I have two nieces (his sister's kids). While DH is in school and they're little we spend very little $15-20, but I'm sure that number will go up once we can.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    $50 each.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    We only have one nephew and one little cousin....I usually spend $60-$75 for our nephew, around $40 for our little cousin.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have 5 nieces and I usually give them $20 cash and it has always been a hit.  Now they are getting older and $20 isn't the same jackpot it was when they were 10, so I think I will increase it to $30 each.  They range in age from 13 - 20.  Last year they spent Christmas with us so they also got a stocking full.
  • Options
    We're buying for 2 this year. $100 on one and $150 on the other.
    I am Turkey Lurkey... b/c it sounded better than Cocky-Locky.
  • Options
    Wow!  I feel a little bit cheap now, but Christmas has never been a huge expensive thing for my family, so we all do pretty much the same thing.  I have 1 nephew and 6 nieces and my husband has 1 nephew and 2 nieces.  When I had just a couple nieces/nephew I bought for each of them at about $20 a piece and then once I had more then 4 to buy for they got family gifts and now we do a cousin gift exchange so we only buy for one (right now) on each side and it's still only a $25 limit.  This year in total we will spend about $650 on Christmas.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options
    I have 12 nieces and nephews.  They all draw names and buy gifts for each other, we spend around $25-$30.  We buy for our godchildren though and between DH and I we have 4, we spend about $50 for 3 of them and a little more for the 4th as we are both her godparents.
    DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    $0 - because between us we have about 24 nieces and nephews.  I quit buying for them when we started having kids.
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options
    I have 10 nieces and nephews and spend around 30 on each of them. There is just way too many in our family to go nuts on gifts.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • Options
    I don't have any yet but my siblings and I decided we would not worry about gifts since there is a potential of being quite a few children.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Abigail (6.2010) and Evelyn (9.2011)
  • Options
    I have 2 nephews and 4 nieces. We spend $15 on them each but will go up to $20 if we need to.
  • Options
    we only have 2 and we spend about $30 each
  • Options
    We have 2 neices (7 and 10) and usually spend between $40-$50 depending on what I find.
    photo 638_zpse3935266.jpg

DS#1 - 6.11.08

DS#2 - 9.1.11
  • Options
    We have 8. I spend around $17 each. 
  • Options

My side of the family - 3 nieces/nephews $50 each

DH's side of the family - 3 nices/nephews (2 are step) $30 each

• Options
    this year we are going to spend about 20 each. I have 2 2.5 yr old neices and 1 2.5 year old nephew ( there not siblings or anything) and I have a 8 year old nephew. Any way all the moms chatted before thanksgiving and agreed on 20$ gifts would be enough.
  • Options
    I am very close to my sisters kids so spend about $ 100 a piece there are two of them. SIL has basically cut our family out of her life but we were very close for a while so I spend $20 a piece on her two
  • Options

I have one neice and two nephews. I don't have a set amount that I spend on them but the last two years (including this year) I have been buying/spending less on them because my parents have custody of them and they go way overboard on their gifts and leave very little to be needed or wanted by anyone else. I asked each child what they wanted this year and we are getting them each a couple things.

My nephews both want a new 3DS game and my oldest nephew wants a helmet for his new bike so we are getting those.

My neice only wants clothes from me and she told me to buy her alot of them (she is 5) so I will be clothes shopping for her. I was thinking 3-4 new outfits including shoes.

• Options
    $25-30 per nephew (I have three of them).
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    $15-20.  We have six nieces & nephews. 
    April 2009
  • Options
    DH's sister is scheduled for her c-section on December 9th, so this Christmas, DH and I will have 4 nephews and 1 niece between the two of us.  We spend $25-30 on each of them.
  • Options
    Thankfully my brothers have not procreated and hopefully won't for a while, if ever. DH has a sister that will prob start TTC in a year or so, and I foresee spending -$25 on any kids that result.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"