Austin Babies
Options

is this an allergic reaction? I'm scared.

I had a dry cough all TG week/end.  Sunday night I got drainage, a horrible headache, and a gunky cough and I've felt terrible ever since. 

Lowe grade fever, REALLY bad cough and congestion.

I took 2 doses of generic Dayquil yesterday because it was the only thing that didn't make me feel weird and drowsey.  

I started itching not long after the first dose, but it was mild and only on my butt.  Last night it moved to the tops of my feet and on my legs some.

Today I feel slightly better, but now the palms of my hands and the bottom of my feet are SO itchy, and now they bottom of my feet are swollen and red and there's a larnge welp on it.  I haven't been itching them that much, and now I'm noticing I'm pink and splotchy in some places on my arms.

WTF is going on?!  My GPs office doesn't open until 1pm.  My last dose of Dayquil was almost 24 hours ago.  This is freaking me out.  

Re: is this an allergic reaction? I'm scared.

• Options

Sounds like an allergic reaction.  Have you tried a dose of Benedryl?

My mom has allergies and she just gets a rash every time she's sick.  Usually it starts on her stomach and chest and its not a reaction to anything.  It just happens every time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would guess yes.  And take some benedryl.  What are the ingredients of the dayquil?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've gotten a rash from ibruprofen before... it only happened when I was already sick with a sinus infection (before I knew what it was).
    Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
    BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
    positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
    MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
    *folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
    BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
    2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
    Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012
  • Options

I hope you are already talking with your doctor but it sounds like Hives to me--an allergic reaction.

Jennifer--
    imageimageimage
  • Options

I just talked with my OBs office and Jaki told me to take a benedryl and call back in an hour if it's not better.

Now there are knots all over the bottom of my feet and I feel like I'm walking on rocks.

It could also be the herbs I got at acupuncture yesterday, but I only took one dose of that, and that was also 24 hours ago.

:(

• Options

That is a fairly atypical pattern for a rash to follow. However, if you've never taken the Generic before, there can be additives - like different food dyes, gelatin - that can cause your body to react where previously brand name DayQuil may have been fine. So I wouldn't assume that you can't have anything in the main "active" list. It's probably just the extra crap in the pills.

It does kind of sound like  Hand-Foot-and-Mouth disease. Although that doesn't usually itch :(

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageTaytee:

That is a fairly atypical pattern for a rash to follow. However, if you've never taken the Generic before, there can be additives - like different food dyes, gelatin - that can cause your body to react where previously brand name DayQuil may have been fine. So I wouldn't assume that you can't have anything in the main "active" list. It's probably just the extra crap in the pills.

It does kind of sound like  Hand-Foot-and-Mouth disease. Although that doesn't usually itch :(

Thanks!  Yeah, these are really deep, not on the top of the skin really.  

How do I know if it's better?  I was told to call back in an hour if it's not better, and that's in about 15 minutes.  I feel slightly less itchy, but the knots in my feet are still there.  Do I call in 15 if they are still there even if I'm less itchy? 

• Options
    imagebrideonjuly8:
    imageTaytee:

How do I know if it's better?  I was told to call back in an hour if it's not better, and that's in about 15 minutes.  I feel slightly less itchy, but the knots in my feet are still there.  Do I call in 15 if they are still there even if I'm less itchy? 

I would, just to be on the safe side...I wouldn't mess with anything that could possibly be an allergic reaction. :/ Hope you're feeling better soon!

• Options
    imagelibbyann:
    imagebrideonjuly8:
    imageTaytee:

I would, just to be on the safe side...I wouldn't mess with anything that could possibly be an allergic reaction. :/ Hope you're feeling better soon!

Ditto.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"