Pregnant after a Loss

June bug check-in!

This is an open group!  If you would like to be added, please include:

Your due date:
Your loss date(s):
Your next appointment date:
How your pregnancy is going so far:

Big *HUGS* going out to Strawberryglobug and s0ulchicken

If anyone else notices that I'm still including someone who has updated not in this thread and needs to be removed, let me know.  I am always so sad when the list grows smaller :(

GTKY: In an ideal world, with money and fertility issues not being a deciding factor, how many kids would you have? 

Screen Name EDD Update 11/30
~SandyB~ 6/28 Did you get your doppler yet?  I definitely have gotten a lot of peace of mind with mine, though my husband thinks I'm kind of obsessive to look daily.  You'll have to post pictures of this ICE event, it sounds amazing!  I love holiday traditions with kids, so much fun.
aflowers 6/8  
ag0527 6/2  
Babybear70 6/13  
Brandyjean30 6/10  
champ579 6/16  
calibride2005 6/22  
chusum 5/25  
cjpreuss     
danslilgrizzly 6/5  
dfduke1221 6/29  
dragossoul84 6/18 How exciting to have seen the birthing facility!  We aren't going for that for a couple more months (based on availability).  Hope your appointment yesterday went great!!
E3A7AGGIE 6/19  
Emilyd422 6/21  
figgs0831 6/19  
GracieBlue 6/5 Ugh, I'm sorry you had to wait so long to find that little heartbeat, glad your LO was just busy in there!  Hope your NT results came back perfect and you can breathe a little easier yet!  What type of cookies do you usually bake?
happyhoopla TBD  
heyyou 6/15  
historygirl1863 6/6 Yay on a final due date!  I'm glad your appointment went so well, and it'll be perfect to have another one right before the holidays!  What types of games do/did you play? 
IrishGirl26 6/16  
Jenek0213 6/9  
JessicaJeanne 6/12  
Jill+Dave 6/22  
js297206 6/19  
jodicooper 6/1  
jonathan257 6/21  
jsunflower 6/26 Hope your appointment went really well and your LO is happy and healthy and wiggly in there!  So much fun to start new traditions, I am really happy I started an "ornament a year" tradition with my kids, and added my husband in last year too.  It's amazing how the years fly by!
Karinabobina 6/20  
katieof10 6/17  
katmacwv 6/13  
KCheam2006    
liesam 6/4 So cute that your mom was your first dance teacher!  I hope your LO inherits your love of it as well!  I can't believe you're in second tri now, congratulations!
lolamax5 6/7  
LottaLattes 6/19 I am definitely done with having an exciting pregnancy, June really can't come fast enough with all of this turbulence before!  I do LOVE being pregnant but I'm just so nervous this time around!  Hope y'all are doing great!
masonmom12 6/27 I am so glad you heard your LO's little heart beating away!  That's literally the best sound I that a mother can hear at this stage.  I'm glad your doctor was proven "wrong" from the betas, and I hope you have continued good news!  December 8th is almost here!
mbs79 6/6 Hope you got your bloodwork back and everything looks great!  How do you like your new OB?  I agree on the traditions, I *love* the yearly ornaments, and love that I will have  something to pass down to them as well!
miblue 6/10  
Missa_g 6/17  
Missuskeekers 6/8  
mrsabraham618 6/18  
MrsColvin 6/3  
MrsDizzyku 6/18  
mscandyman 6/26  
mwitter80 6/13  
naflmj 6/5  
nkkks84 6/19  
NikMck06 6/2 I am so glad your NT scan went well, what a huge relief!!  I'm going in for mine tomorrow.  Did you get some good reactions to your reveal?  So exciting to finally be to that point in pregnancy!
OO cupcakes OO    
piedpiper07 6/10 Hope the FB reveal went well, it's scary to go public but it's so nice that you're far enough along that you can!  What types of things do you bake for the holidays?
pinotgirl 6/12  
queens27 6/13  
rickisue80 6/15  
RioG1978 6/5  
SeaBlue73 6/22  
shmeell25 6/29  
Steph11787 6/9  
Tarheel522    
tiffanyings 6/6  
unstuck6jb 6/10 Hope your pumpkin cheesecake turned out well, sounds delish!  I love holiday baking, and I totally went crazy with holiday traditions with my boys, since I didn't really have any growing up!
vjmc21 6/9 Woot!  Congratulations on finding a little heartbeat with the doppler.  How did telling people go?
yogiwannabmom 6/13  

Junebugs flew away :(    
Strawberryglobug    
luvboston     
s0ulchicken    
savykay    
Babe2C    
KGS2003    
jpryor0315    
ReeceFamily    
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: June bug check-in!

• With Thanksgiving last week I think I missed the checkin.  Our first OB visit went well and we got to see them again.  Now I have to wait until the 21st for my next appointment.  It seems like an eternity when I've been having weekly ultrasounds!  I ordered a doppler on Friday and should get it today or tomorrow.  I wasn't planning to get one initially but I need the reassurance.

If money wasn't an issue we would probably want three kids.  I've always said that I want two for sure, maybe three.  Now that I'm carrying twins I'm glad we'll hopefully at least have two.  I am an only child and while it's great at times I wouldn't want it for my own kids.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Hi everyone!  I'm bordering on excited/ anxious/ nervous/ crazy today!  I'm going for my NT scan on Monday and that will be scary I think.  But on the bright side I will also be out of the 1st tri a week from today!  I have been feeling a little better too...nausea comes and goes, but it's not an all day affair anymore!  Hopefully that is a sign of a wonderful 2nd tri to come!  I'm also really excited that I'm going to be able to share an u/s with my family when I'm home for Christmas!  We are going to a place in OKC where they do u/s and a/s for you as early as 16 wks so I'm going at 16w5d hoping we can find out the sex with everyone together!  I'll still go for my normal a/s at 20 wks, but hopefully they will be able to tell early and we'll all have a fun Christmas surprise/present!

GTKY:  I honestly think I would have 4 kids if I wasn't already 33 and had 1 loss.  Given that I am 33 and had 1 loss, I am still hopeful that I can have 3, but I'll be happy with even one healthy LO!  I think we are going to try for #2 when this LO is around 1.5.  That way I'll be almost 35.  There is still plenty of time for me though...you just never know!  DH is younger than me too so that may encourage him to try for more...we'll see!

• Loading the player...
  • Hola, ladies!  

Got the actual results from my NT scan and our risk was lowered to 1 in 10,000 so we are pretty stoked about that.  

Revealing on FB was so much fun.. way more entertaining than I thought it would be... it was fun to read everyone's reactions and subsequent text messages that followed.  All in all, a great Thanksgiving wknd.  

Next appt is Friday - should be pretty routine.  So glad I am officially in the 2nd tri!!!

GTKY: I would probably have a basketball team (5) if I could afford it!!! And maybe if I were a little younger.. haha.  

Married 5/2006 ~ MMC 5/2011 ~ DD born 6/2012 ~ Baby #2 EDD 12/21/2014

• We got our NT results back and everything looks fine!

I know exactly what you mean about June not coming fast enough!  Granted I will have a whole new set of worries - but at least I will be able to eat sushi ;)

GTKY:  I think I would have four with at least one boy and one girl.  Because I am an old lady we are hoping to have two!

imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • Sorry, I have been pretty MIA...work is nuts and I have been exhausted. I am starting to get my energy back and other than migraines, I feel great. I told work a week or so ago and the whole world knows at this point...here's hoping today's NT goes well.

If we didn't have to deal with IVF, I'd love 4-5 kids. We have 16 embryo's on ice so we will see if we do any FET's in the future but for now, I think we're done.

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Hey and good afternoon!

Things are going great on my end.  Baby and I are growing away.  I had my appt. on Monday and was measuring right around 9 weeks, although the Dr. couldn't get a great measurement, since our little stinker was being stubborn again.  I'm starting to see a pattern here.  Wink  Baby looked like a little gummy bear, hearbeat was strong and s/he is growing great.  S/he even moved it's little hand and foot for us.  I am so love, already.

Our next appt. is set for 12/12 and I'll be right around 11 weeks and we've scheduled our NT scan for 12/21 - a little nervous for this one.  I just don't know what all it entails.

As for the GTKY: In an ideal world, with money and fertility issues not being a deciding factor, how many kids would you have?  I would love to have 4 kids.  I know it would probably be a lot to handle, but it would be absolutely amazing.  I only grew up with a little brother and have always wanted more siblings, so I'd have to stick with 4.

** Labor buddies with E3A7AGGIE! ** Photobucket Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hi there!  I think I missed last week's check-in.  My NT scan is scheduled for tomorrow, 12/1.  I'll be jsut shy of 12 weeks.  I am so stinking nervous that something is wrong, but my ever growing stomach is telling me otherwise.  Hopefully everything is still going ok.  My husband is gonig to try and make this visit, but I am not getting my hopes up yet.

GTKY: In an ideal world, with money and fertility issues not being a deciding factor, how many kids would you have?  I would love to have 3. Anything more then that would be difficult to handle!

Our baby boy,Logan, was born still at 19w3d on 7/1/2011
    Our 2nd baby boy, Mason, was born still at 20w3d on 1/31/2012

After a much needed sanity break... we are praying for our rainbows

((BFP 7/29/13))  ((EDD 4/12/14))  It's BOY/GIRL twins!!!

• Ooh, and for my GTKY:

I have always felt like there was still at least another "someone" out there waiting for me, after my two boys.  When I got remarried, my husband and I decided we wanted two, though we didn't expect to do it in one shot :)  We'd be happy with just the twins if that's all that we had, but if they're both boys I might be tempted to try for a girl again.  I'd be done after 5 boys either way, egads.  So I guess it'd be 4-5 ideally.  And at this stage, I REALLY want the 4 I have or are brewing up :)

Most of my hesitation is age-based, in reality, since I'm 37 in January, and I don't know how many more losses I could just "deal with" without major emotional trauma. 

• I'm with you on June getting here, this is so nerve wracking.  I got the doppler,but can't find the heartbeat yet.  There was one time the screen showed 164 for a while, but I never heard anything.  I'm going to give it some time. 

GTKY- I think I would like to have 3 kids.  I was one of three kids and my DH was too, and thought it was a good number.  Realistically I would love to have 2 and my DH says we'll see how this one goes, I'm sure he'll want another after he sees this one!  But, ultimately if that doesn't happen, I will be thrilled with one.  I tell him, if this is a girl, we'll have to try at least one more to see if its a boy, and vice versa.  Then he'll say, well if the seconds a girl, then we'd have to try again, haha. 

• I hear ya.  I am over being pregnant already... well I was over it before it began after my loss.  I just want to skip to holding my baby.  Having a down day today.  My brother in law and his wife just had a baby.  I am so in love and can't wait to begin my auntie duties.. but I can't help but be sad because I originally had in my mind that when she gave birth, I would only have a couple of months to go.  Everyone keeps asking me how they are both doing everywhere I go (because everyone knows everyone) and I just want to scream.. ask them yourself!  They are on their way home from the hospital today.. I went over and tidied up for them and made their bed with freshly clean sheets.. and it is everything I can do to keep it together.  I just want to cry all day today.  I am so happy and mourning all at the same time.. blah.
  • I'm sorry your pregnancy has been exciting lately and I hope things settle down soon! 

Telling everyone was a lot of fun!  My DH's grandma didn't hear us make our announcement during dinner because she wasn't wearing her hearing aids.  She was surprised to hear I was pregnant later in the evening :)

GTKY:  I think 2 kids will be good.  TTC #2 took a lot out of me emotionally.  I don't think I can do it again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank Lotta! How are you feeling?

We played Scattergories all afternoon and then Catch Phrase. I had never played Catch Phrase before and it was fun.

GTKY: In an ideal world, we'd probably actually have 4. We'll probably stop after 3 but definitely not more than 4 (Unless we have twins).

• imagetiffanyings:
    I hear ya.  I am over being pregnant already... well I was over it before it began after my loss.  I just want to skip to holding my baby.  Having a down day today.  My brother in law and his wife just had a baby.  I am so in love and can't wait to begin my auntie duties.. but I can't help but be sad because I originally had in my mind that when she gave birth, I would only have a couple of months to go.  Everyone keeps asking me how they are both doing everywhere I go (because everyone knows everyone) and I just want to scream.. ask them yourself!  They are on their way home from the hospital today.. I went over and tidied up for them and made their bed with freshly clean sheets.. and it is everything I can do to keep it together.  I just want to cry all day today.  I am so happy and mourning all at the same time.. blah.

That's tough, sorry you are having a down day.  It's easy for people to assume that because you are pregnant again that everything is fine, but no one really understands how hard it is to still have to face the EDD of lost LO's and how bittersweet other people's pregnancies and babies can still be for us!  ((Big Hugs))

• This year on my baking list: oreo truffles, almond bark, peppermint bark, turtle fudge glorified marshmallows! I am done about half... Yum!! 

Gtky: I would like 3! Well see after the first one though haha. 

• Hi everyone! I am new to the check-in

Your due date:  EDD 21 June 2012
    Your loss date(s): 17 April 2011 (7w)
    Your next appointment date: 6 Dec 2011 (incidently the anniversary of the EDD for the miscarriage)
    How your pregnancy is going so far: GREAT! aside from being constantly nervous that something will go wrong! i suffered fatigue and a sore back the first 7-8 weeks, and am hungry ALL the time. The past 2.5 weeks have been great, then this morning i actually threw up for the first time and my sore back has returned :(

GTKY: one at a time please!!! this is my first and i am 36, i've always thought i wanted two, so we'll see...

BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks so much for keeping us all updated on each other. You do an amazing job!

As for # of kids in a perfect world?  DH & I have always wanted 2.  We both came from families of 2 kids so I guess that's just what we know. We like the idea of the man-to-man defense! ;-) 

Happy Thursday, everyone!

• Hello everyone!! I have been kinda missing in action for awhile due to the holidays. I had an appt. yesterday and they told me my blood panel came back 'better than perfect'! I am so excited! Also, doc let us hear the heartbeat on the doppler!! It was in the 160s and nice and strong. Next appointment is December 30th for the a/s!

Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season!

• Hey everyone!

Well I had my 2nd u/s the other day with the tech and it went GREAT! Baby is measuring ahead so my EDD might be pushed back. Our baby was wiggling its feet and hands, we heard the heartbeat, and got 5 pictures to take home!

Next appointment is Dec. 14.

GTKY: 4-6, but I'll be happy with however many God wants to give us!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hi everyone. I think I missed last week with Thanksgiving too. I had my NT scan on Thursday. I was super nervous but it went great. The measurement was 1.5. I got four great pics to take home. (which is good because I decided for Christmas I'm going to make a scrapbook for DH to take with him on his much to quickly approaching deployment). Soo cute. I heard the heartbeat and the LO started to fidget after awhile of being pocked proded. My next appoinment is Dec. 16th.

GTKY. In an ideal world I think we're both still on the fence with either 2 or 3.  I just can't wait for this one to arrive. I have no complaints and I'm so grateful but I'm such a nervous nelly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"