Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Baby food cookbook?

This seems like a dumb question... Do I need a baby food cookbook? Or do I just steam/mash/blend fruits & veggies at will? TIA!

Re: Baby food cookbook?

• Options
    Wholesomebabyfood.com is a great source.
    Natural M/C-> 10/21/09

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
    Adrienne has read 16 books toward her goal of 80 books.
    hide
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

It really depends on what you want to do.  I got a couple of baby food cookbooks at my baby shower, but I ended up not using them.  Many veggies can be steamed and mashed easily.  Same with fruits, or you can feed many fruits raw, just mashed.  I ended up waiting until DS was 6 months old, showing an interest in food, and putting everything in his mouth anyway and did Baby-Led Weaning.  That's a possibility if it is something you're comfortable with.  It is forcing DH and I to eat healthier, since he's eating the same things we are, and has since the beginning.  It is also fun to watch him feed himself.

Even if you don't want to do BLW, my pediatrician recommended just mashing what we were eating with a fork and feeding it to him, so you still wouldn't have to make baby food.

Then again, having baby food pre-made might be easier when things get busy.  It would be nice to just be able to pull something out and have it ready rather than having to cook right then or find something he can feed himself.

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelittleanomaly:
    Wholesomebabyfood.com is a great source.

This!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I loved the Anabel Karmel books.  She has a 100 best purees for babies that covered everything from fruits to veggies to meats combos that actually sounded tasty.  It was nice to feel like I had some variety and combination starting points.
  • Options
    my mother used to just mash up whatever she made for dinner and give it to me. If she made rice and beans with steak, she said she'd just throw it in the blender and give it to me and that I always ate it up. She also pureed veggies and fruits for me. This is pretty much what i plan to do once my LO is interested in food
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"