Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Need bottle help!

Dd is 3 months old and we have to switch her to formula... Food allergies:( problem is  that my dumb self did not get her taking bottles before this. She refused this morning. We did 3/4 bm and 1/4 formula. Going to try all bm next time... But any other suggestions are appreciated!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need bottle help!

• Options
    I'm going through the same thing right now due to supply issues.  DD won't take a bottle or sippy cup with anything in it (bm or formula).  What has worked right away for us is the doidy cup.  They use the same mouth movements as with breastfeeding so she took to it right away.  I've only given it to her with breastmilk, but we will try formula later on today.  Fingers crossed!

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

• Options
    my lo would not take a bottle no matter what, we tried almost every bottle on the market with no luck BUT she will drink out of a tommee tippee weaning sippy cup that I got on sunday. good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What bottle/nipple did you try this morning?
    3 failed IUIs, 1 successful IVF Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimage
  • Options

DD took the bottle no problem after three weeks breastfeeding. What I've read is that you should try to introduce the bottle when baby is in a good mood, not tired/fussy, and not overly hungry, but hungry enough to be interested in food. Good luck!

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Have tried a standard enfamil slow flow and also a tommee tippee. I think the mAin problem is that she is an insanely fussy eater to begin with. She needs to go on elecare/neocate but that can't happen until she takes a bottle. Argh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"