March 2012 Moms
Options

Kick counts?

Has anyone started this yet? I've done it twice this morning thanks to my fall last night. I'm wondering how long it's taking you? The first time I did it I had 10 kicks in 9 minutes, the second time was just over 6. I know that baby girl is very active, so I don't know if these are lower numbers than normal? I'm happy she's moving and I can finally feel her, just wonder where everyone else stands. I'm gonna try again later today when she is less active and see how much it changes.

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

Re: Kick counts?

• Options
    For me it is just not worth it yet. I can get 100 in an hour and then zero for 20 hours...
  • Options

imageLilyPotter218:
    For me it is just not worth it yet. I can get 100 in an hour and then zero for 20 hours...

This, plus my doc didn't say anything about this at my appointment yesterday.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I wouldn't. For all you know, your baby will decide to do his/her kicking spree in the middle of the night.

I'm pretty sure mine must've last night because I had some seriously crazy dreams about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I plan on asking my Dr at my appoint on the 8th if I need to start doing this yet or not. 

Right now, baby is kicking in spurts different times throughout the day; I honestly think if I count now; I will stress over it Smile

<3 Tons of love and hugs to Ricola & Baby Alex <3 <br> MySweetBaboo, IRL friend, always rooting for Baboo #2, love ya girl!<3 <br> 7.7.11 BFP | 3.19.12 EDD | 3.14.12 Baby Girl's BDay
    | Purse Blog |
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had some concerns about movement at my last appointment I was 24 weeks.  She won't have me counting kicks until 28 weeks. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Some doctors won't even bother having you do kick counts.  Also long as the "activity level" stays the same and movement doesn't drop off the doctor doesn't worry. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I do here and there, but he kicks so much right now, I'm not concerned. I did want to recommend a really neat app for your smartphone called "Sprout Lite." It has a kick counter, contraction timer, and other cool weekly stuff. It's free!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagefiffi25:
    She won't have me counting kicks until 28 weeks. 

I also won't start counting until 28 weeks.  However, I did an informal kick count a couple of times last week and my numbers were similar to yours, Mattel.  I feel like my baby is very active... I get kicked on and off all day long.  There really isn't an hour that goes by that I don't feel her at least a few times.

• Options
    My OB hasn't told me to do it yet. Besides, my little guy has a completely random schedule right now...I never quite know when he's going to start playing soccer in there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I brought it up to my dr yesterday.  He told me its never really necessary.  He said make sure you feel the baby at least 10 times per DAY.  He said otherwise I am going to drive myself nuts.  This is very true for me bc I am a worrier. 

• Options
    I asked at my 24 week appointment. She said that it would be pointless for me to do kick counts until 28 weeks, but that I should be feeling him kick around at least one time a day at this point.

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"