Infertility
Options

Started my 1st round of Clomid yesterday. Please help.

My doctor started me on my first 50 mg of Clomid today. I started my period this past Sunday so I am taking the Clomid through cycle days 3-7. I usually have really long periods, (sometimes lasting 2 months) and they are always irregular. I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through anything similar. I wanted to know if taking the Clomid will force my period to shorten up if I ovulate. Or will I still have a crazy long period.

Re: Started my 1st round of Clomid yesterday. Please help.

• Options
    I haven't had trouble with long periods, but I can tell you that clomid really shortened my regular 5-6 day period by half.  Good luck!
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • Options
    I was in a very similar situation when I was first put on Clomid.  Ideally the Clomid should make you ovulate sooner, and your period should be shorter.  I was having 50 day cycles, and my first cycle on Clomid was only 19 days.  After a few cycles they regulated and shortened to about 32 days. GL!
    After 5 TI Clomid cycles, 5 IUIs, and 2 IVFs we finally got our BFP!
    Beta#1 (12dp3dt)= 353, Beta#2 (15dp3dt)= 1466, Beta#3 (22dp3dt)= 14,139, First u/s: TWINS!!
    After 10 weeks of bedrest, our two little ladies joined us at 28w6d
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry OP, I thought you meant long cycles.  I don't have experience with unusually long periods.
    After 5 TI Clomid cycles, 5 IUIs, and 2 IVFs we finally got our BFP!
    Beta#1 (12dp3dt)= 353, Beta#2 (15dp3dt)= 1466, Beta#3 (22dp3dt)= 14,139, First u/s: TWINS!!
    After 10 weeks of bedrest, our two little ladies joined us at 28w6d
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thank you, both. I'm very nervous that even once I take my last Clomid pill on Saturday, that my period will continue on forever and I won't be able to start trying around my 12-14 days. My doctor said something about it not being an actual period when I bleed like that, but rather Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding. I haven't heard anything about if Clomid can fix that or not.
  • Options
    Should I call my doctor back if I don't stop my period after my last pill?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"