Upstate NY Babies
Options

I don't know how my mom did it

I was adopted & raised by my grandmother, and I seriously don't know how she did it.  She had disabilities and with her age, I give her so much credit. 

My back and shoulder are bothering me, and trying to get a thrashing toddler in the carseat 3x today has pretty much worn me out.  I can't imagine trying to take care of kids with any physical issues or in older age!!  Can you imagine raising kids in your 60's by yourself?!

Re: I don't know how my mom did it

• Options

Heck no.

While I was cleaning the kitchen yesterday The Drs was on (I think that's the name??) and besides me laughing at how stupid the "Drs" on the show were they had a Mom on there, close to 60, that carried triplets for her daughter and SIL. She said she worked right up until their delivery. OMG.

• Options
    I think we all have to remember that all babies, toddlers, kids and pregnancies are different.  Plus, we do what we have to do.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My grandmother had a rare neurological condition, syringomyelia among others, which is a degenerative spinal condition.  She shouldn't even have been lifting me when I was a baby, and she was lucky she wasn't confined to a wheelchair.  I know everyone is different, but in general I'm going to assume it would be tougher when you're older for one reason or another.. plus being a single parent and surviving on nothing.
  • Options

imageTinyPinkBug:
    I think we all have to remember that all babies, toddlers, kids and pregnancies are different.  Plus, we do what we have to do.

So true!  My parents didn't have plans to adopt, but when my sister was in high school, we found out my cousins were being abused.  So, they stepped up and adopted them...I was in college, sister was about to graduate, and my now-brother was starting kindergarten and now-sister was in preschool.  You do what you gotta do!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"