Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

I really don't know what to do at this point...

I'm at a loss when it comes to nap time. When Clara was younger she would only nap on me, but around a month ago I successfully transitioned her to the crib. When I saw her drowsy cues I would put her down in her crib and pat her (as she grumbled and fussed) until she fell asleep - which usually took 5-10 minutes. In the past week she has started to scream bloody murder as soon as I set her down in the crib. My patting doesn't make any difference, she keeps freaking out and kicking and screaming until there are tears. I've tried fighting through it but she continues this way for over 15 minutes, which is too long for me to see her so frantic. I've also tried leaving the room for a minute and then coming back, but it makes no difference. I have no idea what to try next....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! TIA!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I really don't know what to do at this point...

• Options

My LO naps in his car seat. I know that sounds weird, but he literally will not nap ANYWHERE else. I guess he feels secure in there. I put the car seat on the couch next to me, put the shade down so the light in the room doesnt bother him, put a paci in his mouth, and shh and rock the car seat. He is usually out if he is really tired within 2 minutes.

LO only sleeps in his crib. Maybe your LO doesnt wanna lay flat to nap...You never know. Try it out!!! :) Good luck

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image. image. image
  • Options
    DS went through this and it lasted about a week.  It was terrible!  I have no idea what caused it really, but it has helped to make sure he's not over tired.  I think he might be having a growth spurt becuase he is sleeping more often for short times again, but at least he is napping again. There were a couple days where he would only sleep in his carseat too.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Do you have any sort of routine for naps?  We go through this whole thing with making a big deal of putting a sleep sack or swaddleme on, new diaper, lights off, talking softly, etc.  Then we (usually DH, haha) turns on a specific song and walks a few loops around the house, holding LO.  Then he stands in her room doing some patting and shushing, then lays her down.  He came up with the routine, so I am going along with it b/c it works!  It's probably 10 minutes start to finish.

Nighttime routine is the same except there's a bath in there, along with one last nursing session.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Can you have someone else put him down for a nap once in a while...just to give you a break?  We've been having a horrible week with naps. it was taking me over an hour to get him down for a 30-40 min nap. I was in tears right along with DS.  

Today my dad came over for a few hours so I could do some shopping.  He had no problems putting DS down and he slept for 40 minutes.  For us it seems DS likes to play with DH and I and so he will NOT nap for us!

Good luck. I know how frustrating nap time can be.   

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My LO LOVES his swing...it usually takes about 5 mins for him to fall asleep...then he'll stay there for 2-3 hours if he's really tired...did you try her on her tummy?  I know it's a no no for nighttime, but it may be soothing to her for daytime naps...DS hates being on his tummy, so it's out for me....tried it!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"