Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Oh to be naive again...

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/kourtney-kardashian-im-pregnant-105104216.html

The part that made me cringe was this paragragh:

"Now I'm nine weeks along," Kardashian tells Us. "You're supposed to wait 12 weeks to tell people, but I feel confident."

I wish I was confident to tell the whole freakin' world when I was 9 weeks along.  Oh wait, I did, and 4 weeks later there was no hb.

I wish them the best! (Now I just need to quit being a debbie downer and be happy for other people's naiveness ((is that a word?)).

Photobucket
DD#1 9-4-04 *** DD#2 10-15-07
BFP#3 10-25-10 *EDD 7/1/11 * missed m/c @ 13w3d
BFP#4 7-30-11 *EDD 4/8/12 ~ DD#3 born 4/4/12
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Oh to be naive again...

• Options
    Wow, really?  I try not to be judgy and I'm sure the show doesn't show the full reality of it all, but it sure seems like they don't get along well enough to be great co-parenters (perhaps I just made that word up?).  I just hope their kids aren't constantly exposed to their parents stress over each other and constant disagreements.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • Options

I remember hearing it was a struggle for them so I'm surprise she's so confident.  I guess she thought the hard part was getting there.  We still haven't told anyone and I'm officially in 2nd tri. 

FYI-you aren't a debbie downer we just have a different perspective from the rest...at least we got to have that feeling once...sigh...at least I think I did last time for a few days.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am so sick of the Kardashians. I admit I have watched an episode or 2 in the beginning but then it just got so annoying. Their lives are so calculated and they don't even know any better - Kris Jenner is the puppet master to those girls. It's sick.

Of course she would tell now, take the media heat off Kim for a minute and then around Xmas it will be all boo hoo Kim's lonely Xmas surrounded by her happy family, she just can't win, boo hoo BS! Sick.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options
    Oops wrong dang sister.  Now that I have the right one this is crazy.  Those two should not have another child...smh
  • Options
    imagekarma79:

I am so sick of the Kardashians. I admit I have watched an episode or 2 in the beginning but then it just got so annoying. Their lives are so calculated and they don't even know any better - Kris Jenner is the puppet master to those girls. It's sick.

Of course she would tell now, take the media heat off Kim for a minute and then around Xmas it will be all boo hoo Kim's lonely Xmas surrounded by her happy family, she just can't win, boo hoo BS! Sick.

LOL, couldn't have said it better myself. 

• Options
    I saw that... and thought the same thing. When you're a celeb and announce at 9 weeks, you are just begging for attention. But that's the family MO I guess. They need to GO AWAY, for real!
    Baby Blog
    BFP#1 5.27.10 DS became an angel at 21 weeks on 9.22.10
    BFP#2 4.16.11 Healthy baby girl born 12.14.11
    BFP#3 9.3.12 A healthy, bouncing baby SISTER on the way! EDD 5.12.13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Not to sound too old fashioned or prudish, but, isn't a child a bigger commitment than getting married. I realize that this family is very unconventional but I think that this is a bizarre arrangement. I understand that a lot of people get pregnant before they get married but their intentions are marriage. Vent over. 
  • Options
    Oh, well as long as she confident... Maybe that's been my problem all along. I just need to be more confident in my pg! **insert eye roll**
    photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
  • Options
    imageshmeell25:

imageKJsbabe:
    Oh, well as long as she confident... Maybe that's been my problem all along. I just need to be more confident in my pg! **insert eye roll**

Seriously! And I feel bad for Khloe who is struggling to get pregnant

I was just going to say this!  

• Options
    Ugh. It's one thing to tell your family early on....but making a public announcement to the magazines is just WOW. While I wish her the best of luck, of course......I can't help but feel sooooo bad for her sister Khole! Way to be sensitive toward her struggles...........

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1-02/21/11 Missed M/C Twins-03/25/11 EDD-11/04/11
    BFP#2-10dpo- 05/27/11 EDD 02/03/12
    Our miracle Aidan James born 01/25/12!!
  • Options

imagehopeandlove0417:
    Ugh. It's one thing to tell your family early on....but making a public announcement to the magazines is just WOW. While I wish her the best of luck, of course......I can't help but feel sooooo bad for her sister Khole! Way to be sensitive toward her struggles...........

I'm sure she told her family before the pee was dry.  They are like that.  It's funny she didn't try to get money for revealing it.

• Options

imageKJsbabe:

Is that the secret?!? Well good to know-I know plenty of people who will be happy to just "be more confident" and it will happen and the baby will stick! ::good grief:: 

TTC #1 since 5/2010 dx: annovulatory 

RLP: 2/2012: normal HSG 3/2012: normal

BFP #1 7/20/11 M/C 7/25/11. BFP #2 11/29/11 M/C 12/21/11

I have two angel babies that I will see again one day

BFP #3 10/27/12 EDD: 7/6/13

Baby Emma arrived at 35 weeks by surprise on June 3rd, 2013!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #4: 5/23/14 EDD: 1/30/15  Emma's gonna be a big sister!

Beta #1 19DPO: 213 Beta #2 21DPO: 674

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Sometimes I feel people get even more naive with their 2nd child.

When I was pregnant last time, a friend announced to a group of us that his wife was pregnant agin. She had just taken her pregnancy test that week, had NO idea how far along she was, but they were telling people (they waited 12 weeks with the first), because "she had it so easy the first time they were pretty sure this time would be fine". She hadn't even seen a doctor at this point. I tried arguing with him (he didn't know I was 9 week pregnant at the time) that regardless of how pregnancies go the first time there is just as high of a risk of miscarriage with every single pregnancy. I have plenty of friends that have gone through 2-3 or more miscarriages after a totally fine and successful 1st pregnancy. He didn't care, and of course that following Monday I have my no HB u/s and his wife is now well into her 2nd tri. People aggravate me.

Married August 9, 2008
    TTC Since September 2009

1st   BFP | EDD 10/23/10 | Natural M/C 03/27/10 | 10w 0d
    2nd BFP 06/26/10 | EDD 02/25/11 | Natural  M/C 07/17/10 | 8w 1d
    3rd  BFP 12/17/10 | EDD 08/24/11 | Natural M/C 12/31/10 | 7w 4d
    4th  BFP 06/22/11 | EDD 02/25/12 | M/C D&C on 07/27/11 | 9w4d
    5th  BFP 09/17/11 | DD Paige Lily born 05/16/12
    6th  BFP 08/11/12 | EDD 04/11/13 | CP
    7th  BFP 09/29/13 | EDD 06/04/14 | Natural M/C 10/27/13 | 8w1d
    8th  BFP 12/16/13 | EDD 09/01/14

DX: Pericentric Inversion of Chromosome 8 & compound heterozygous for MTHFR mutations
    RX: Lovenox/Heparin & Folgard

• Options

Well, I hate the Kardashians on general principle.

But, I told early with my first pregnancy and I told early with this one, too. It's impossible to keep a secret at my workplace (there are things I can't do at work once I'm pregnant) and I've realized a) I'm excited about my pregnancy NOW regardless of any risks and b) I don't care who knows if I miscarry, and I'd rather people knew than didn't.  I know everyone feels differently about this, and I respect those different perspectives -- but I'm not comfortable judging when anyone else tells.

BabyFruit Ticker

July 3rd, 2012 ~ Hang in there sweetheart, we can't wait to meet you!

• Options
    imageshmeell25:

imageKJsbabe:

Seriously! And I feel bad for Khloe who is struggling to get pregnant

Same here.   I didn't tell at 12wk and yep we know how that turned out.... I would be happy if it was Khloe.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"