Trouble TTC
Options

Exactly the call I didn't want....

I am so frustrated....this IF thing has so many ups and downs, I honestly feel bipolar. I was so excited to have a "normal" cycle, and the RE told me just to relax this month and see what happens. Now I get a call from the nurse saying they're scheduling me for a more "in-depth ultrasound" because the cyst on my right ovary is complex. She said it could be a hemorrhagic cyst, and that the doc might want to monitor or remove. I'm totally confused because after looking it up online, it looks as if that type of cyst is pretty common and rarely needs intervention if under 3cm (mine is only 25mm). Has anyone else had this experience? She even went so far as to tell us not to try until after the u/s (i'm not going to O for a while anyway, but stil....) WTF? I thought a lot of women have cysts who get pg and don't even know it. so sad right now....i know a lot of people have it worse than me, but I was finally feeling so good and now i'm an emotional mess.
TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014

Re: Exactly the call I didn't want....

• Options

Do you mean under 30mm?

I have a 40mm cyst right now and my RE told me not to try, and put me on BCP.  He said that I couldnt start my stims up again because the hormones would cause the cyst to continue to grow and possibly rupture.  The BCP's will keep my hormone levels low and hopefully it will go away on its own.

It sounds like they just want to be careful with it for you.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Thanks for the response - all I know is that the tech said it was considered "small" and around 25mm. I'm just confused because she used the words complex and hemorrhagic in the same sentence so I'm scared. Obviously they tell you not to be, but it's hard you know? She said if I were doing an IUI they wouldn't allow me to follow through with it, but since it's unmedicated.....who knows. Now just more waiting and worrying.
    TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I dont know anything about the complex or hemorrhagic aspect, so Im no help there.

They said mine was clear and that had it been under 30mm, they would have let me start stims.  Maybe they just want to give yours a second look just to be sure?

Or maybe your RE has different cut off sizes for cysts?

http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    I hope so - thanks again for responding. This is such a mind f*** right now that I feel like I'm going nuts.
  • Options

Last cycle, after I had already started meds, but before ovulation, my nurse noticed what she thought was a small cyst, but it looked different than a normal paraovarian cyst.  The Dr came in and looked (yay, more than one stab with the vag cam!) and said it was most likely a complex/hemorrhagic cysts, and was actually kind of hiding behind and underneath my ovary so it was hard to find on the cam. She said they would check again at baseline and see how it looked and decide where to go from there. 

We finished that cycle since the cyst wasn't blocking my ovary or tube.  I got a BFN, and when I went in for CD3 ultrasound, the nurse didn't find the cyst anymore.  I had another one on the other side, so I am on a break anyway.  I'm convinced that it's still there and was just hiding, since they don't tend to go away on their own as easily as other types of cysts.  I said as much to her, and she looked all over, and so did the PA when I still said I wasn't sure it was gone.  LOL. Once CD3 comes around again, and hoping I will see the actual DR who found it in the first place and make sure it is gone/not in the way before moving forward. 

They might want to get a more accurate measurement, make sure it isn't a blood vessel disguised as a cyst, or make sure it isn't getting any larger.  As far as I know, as long as it isn't blocking your tube or crowding your ovary and preventing follicles from growing they will leave it.  If it is getting too large they may want to remove it to rule out any chance of it interfering with your cycle. 

GL whatever happens!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • Options
    Thank you - I truly appreciate your info. It makes me feel better knowing that they might possibly leave it alone, which is what I'm hoping for.GL with your next cycle also!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"