Success after IF
Options

Memories of miscarriage still hard

I came into work today to an email with pictures from a friends first birthday party for her son.  She and I were pregnant at the same time except she had a son and I lost a daughter.  Even a full year later when I have a smiling, healthy four month old baby at home, seeing pictures of her son still hurt.  I never thought having another baby would take the pain of my losses away but I'm sometimes surprised by how fresh those feelings are even a full year later, and nearly two years in the case of first miscarriage.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

Re: Memories of miscarriage still hard

• Options
    I still get sad when I think of the babies I lost. In some ways it is harder now that I know what I am missing. I wonder what those babies would be like today. I'm not sure if m/c is something you ever tealy get over. (((((hugs)))))
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    (( hugs))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageDragonfly1226:
    I still get sad when I think of the babies I lost. In some ways it is harder now that I know what I am missing. I wonder what those babies would be like today. I'm not sure if m/c is something you ever tealy get over. (((((hugs)))))

this exactly. I see how amazing my trio is and it makes me sad about the ones I missed out on. Then again, I may not have the trio today if I hadn't lost the earlier ones. It's so hard.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am amazingly aware of kids the ages of what my first loss child would be.  Like you I have a dear friend who has a son about the same age mine would have been and it's almost impossible to be around him and not think "what if"

Hugs to you, Mamma.

Loss sucks. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    ((((((hugs)))))
    After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"