October 2011 Moms

Sleeping too much?

Lately LO has been napping for most of the day and his feedings are less frequent (but more oz's).  He wakes to eat and is up for no more than an hour before he fusses and I put him back down.  Once the evening hits he is SUPER fussy and is on sensory overload.  He crys and screams for about 15-2 minutes until I find something to calm him down. (seahorse, bath or bottle)

MY MIL and DH think he is developing colic, I think they are crazy.  Babies cry.  It happens.

Also, he usually sleeps 3-5 hour stretches at night, but lately, he is up fussing every 2-3 hours.  Is he sleeping too much during the day?  Thoughts? Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleeping too much?

• I don't think so.  Maybe he's going through a growth spurt?  My LO has been sleeping 4-6 hour stretches at night from day one, however, this week she's been waking up more frequently and is just fussier in general. She's 6 weeks today.  As said before on this board, sleep begets sleep so I wouldn't try and keep him up during the day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This sounds like my ds. He naps well during the day, but if I put him down before he starts getting fussy and over tired he's only up for an hour at most. Then at night he super fussy from 10pm to 1 am, sometimes I can get him to sleep before 1. He has slept 6 to 7 hr stretches at night, but never two nights in a row, and then some nights he's up every 2 hrs. I keep trying to figure out what I do different on the days he sleeps longer. I don't know if I am keeping him up to long on some days or letting him nap to long?? I'm curious to see what others say. I don't want to force him to sttn if he's not ready to, but I know he can do a 7hr stretch.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • my LO is doing alot of that. I thought it was colic but colic shows more as fussy ALL the time from what i understand. She sleeps most of the day and eats more OZs every 3-4 hrs, instead of every 2-3. She will be awake for the 30min it takes her to eat- and maybe 30 min after eating before she falls back asleep. she sleeps from 10p-3a at night. She is usually pretty awake (READ fussy and crying) from about 6p-10p with very little sleeping (naps for maybe 10 min at a time). I think its just this age
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrs.lizzieb:
    I don't think so.  Maybe he's going through a growth spurt?  My LO has been sleeping 4-6 hour stretches at night from day one, however, this week she's been waking up more frequently and is just fussier in general. She's 6 weeks today.  As said before on this board, sleep begets sleep so I wouldn't try and keep him up during the day.

He is 6 weeks today too!  It's probably a growth spurt.  LO is exactly as you described yours.  Well, I will continue to let him sleep and just 'ride it out' for the next few days.  Thanks ladies!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"