D.C. Area Babies

Arg - when does "Mommy Brain" go away?!

I'm so frustrated - this week I've forgotten something super important every.single.day.  Monday, I forgot to bring my laptop to work and had to drive 30 minutes home and 30 minutes back because I didn't realize it until I was walking into the offoce. Tuesday I forgot to bring DS's bag with me to daycare - DH was able to bring it after I dropped him off, but then DH forgot the milk!  Today, I forgot my pump - I brought the parts, but no motor. lovely. 

Luckily I learned from you all to have a manual pump at the office as a backup, but I'm still really annoyed with myself.  I try to pack everything up the night before and put it by the door, but the pump charges overnight so I missed it. 

I also started a new job about 3 weeks ago and I'm just not feeling as "on the ball" as I used to be.  Some things just don't occur to me as they used to, like I can't think as far ahead about ramifications or next steps, when I ask or find out I think to myself, duh, I should have known that...I used to know that! 

I'm sure this is just an adjustment to really being back at work (my last job was really lax at the end so I kind of feel like I was working PT and not using my brain much), but still....please tell me it gets better??  I'm feeling like I'm only  half as good at everything as I used to be Tongue Tied

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Arg - when does "Mommy Brain" go away?!

• You're probably just shaken up a little because of your new job and having to get used to a new routine. Are you getting enough sleep? That could also be a factor. Hang in there!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I feel like I go in stages.  Some days/weeks I feel on the ball/ahead of the game/like I am really good at this.  Then I have some days/weeks where I feel chaotic and like I will never catch up.  Currently this often depends upon how clean/organized my house is and how many times I manage to cook dinner that week.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know when it goes away but I thought I'd offer a tip of sorts.  When I went back to work I was so afraid of forgetting something even though I have everything packed the night before as well, with the exception of breastmilk.  So I made a list and put it by the alarm system that lists my breastpump, lunch, breast milk, etc.  It was great the first few weeks.  I dont need it anymore, but I leave it there just in case I get thrown for a loop in the morning or if my husband would have to do drop off.  
  • I plan on blaming my ditziness on C until he's at least 18. And then I'll blame geriatric dementia.
  • H is almost a year old and I still have mommy brain. Embarrassed Apparently when I popped out a kid, I also popped out any brain cells used to remember if I locked the car. I seriously have to stick the remote out the window/door of the house multiple times a day to check. Luckily that seems to be the worst, but I definitely have my moments.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have daily issues. Did I leave the garage open? Is the oven on? Where are my keys? Where is my phone?

DD is 2.5.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thanks ladies - at least i don't feel completely crazy now Stick out tongue
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • well, for me, it's been 4 years, 362 days. who knows, maybe tomorrow will be the day my brain returns.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"