Working Moms
Options

Open Letter Wednesday

What's on your mind? Thoughts, confessions, thanks
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Open Letter Wednesday

• Options

Dear DH,

Thanks for waking LO up at 2:30 AM. She was fine in our bed, cuddled up asleep against me. Why did you feel the need to move her even though I told you not to? And then, why did you fall right back asleep while I had to spend the next 40 min trying to get her to lay back down?

Signed,

Is it 5 yet?

• Options

Dear Dunkin' Donuts,

Thank you for being awesome.  Your XL decaf coffee with cinnamon swirl and milk truly makes mornings better.  Is there some kind of drug you put in your coffee to make it taste so much better than what I make at home?

Yours forever,
    A loyal customer who is officially addicted

My beautiful daughters,

Thank you for being such great sleepers.  It really makes life as a working Mommy much easier when we all get a good nights sleep.  I love you both more than you will ever know, for more reasons than just being good sleepers.

Love,
    Mama

Dear DH,

I know it's been stressful with our furnace being broken and having to shower at your parents, not to mention trying to keep the wood stove running constantly to keep the house warm.  The girls and I really appreciate the hard work you did by cutting all of that wood.  It's come in handy more than we would have thought already this season. 

Love,
    Your appreciative wife

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Dear Sleep,  Thank you so much for not letting me wake up at the wee hours of the morning, like the past 4 weeks!  I slept until 7 am today and I feel GREAT.  Signed, refreshed mom.

Dear Sister,  You drone on and on when you call me, and ask how I'm doing.  This is really getting old, so I'm going to have to start screening whenever you call.

• Options
    imageNativeNyer:

Dear Sleep,  Thank you so much for not letting me wake up at the wee hours of the morning, like the past 4 weeks!  I slept until 7 am today and I feel GREAT.  Signed, refreshed mom.

OMG this.  For the first time in at least 2 weeks I STTN and I feel so.much.better.

• Options

Dear my squiglet:

Mommy is so proud that you stayed in your bed all night. I know you are having a monster/robot/ "man in your room" phase and it has been breaking my heart for over a week. I love you with all my heart and would beat all the little things in your room if it made you happy.

Love Mommy

Dear 2WW

Its come down to you and me now. Make the next 14 days go by really fast and let there be a Christmas surprise waiting for us on December 14th...

-Patiently waiting to POAS

Dear Patients at the Pharmacy

Its just a winter storm and not the apocolypse. We are expecting it to warm up again by the weekend. Please refrain from going into medication hoarding mode and then yelling at me when we have no stock left for you because 80 bajillion other people are doing the same thing. It makes you look crazy. Especially when you tell me that you have a month at home but you need some extra just in case. In case what? A blizzard traps you for two months?

Sincerely,

Dumbfounded by your insanity

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Dear Thanksgiving Weekend,

Thank you for coming when you did. I was truly burnt out at work and was struggling with my clients. This week is so much better and I really do love what I do and love working with my clients.

Thankful employee

Dear DS,

I know today was your Monday back at DC and it was tough on you. But I am so happy you were so happy once you got to school and ran into the classroom with a big smile on your face.

Love your Momma

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Dear DD,

I am so happy you have no issues while I'm at work - so please stop trying to push it with me when I get home.  And please go back to sleeping normal.  I know you had something like 9 days in a row with me around, but now we're back on schedule.  You'll be fine!

love, Mama

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Dear sister,

You're 31 years old.  I understand being a little nervous about flying on a plane for the first time, but there is no reason dad needs to go with you.  Take a direct flight, and take dramamine when you get on the plane.  Put on your big-girl panties, grow up and act your age. 

Signed,

Your apparently more mature younger sister

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Dear anxiety,

Please stop rearing your ugly head at 4 am and other random times of the day, I would really enjoy getting back to myself again....

Dear DD's Cold,

Please go away as quickly as you appeared, I am by myself with the girls and could use an 'easy' week.

• Options

Dear DH:

Thank you for my birthday present. Seeing the bag from our jewelers made my day. I promise to make your night as soon as both kids are asleep for more than 20 minutes before I pass out from exhaustion.

Signed,

Tired but grateful

Dear rude clients;

Go away.

Dear nice clients:

Thank you for being you. I truly appreciate you.

• Options
    Dear Internet,

You suck for convincing me that this stupid elf on my shelf was a good idea. He has lived in our house for all of 6 hours and is already causing problems.

- the mom of a little girl who apparently did something naughty today - she refused to fall asleep until two hours after bedtime because she didn't want the elf to fly to Santa and talk to him

• Options

Dear Crappy Job Market,

Thank you for forcing me to justify taking an $11/WFH job, that I never would have considered applying for a few years ago. I really hope it works out and that I can freelance to make up my additional lost income.

Please help me come up with the needed miracle to get DS from DC by 5:30 every day, when training doesn't end untill 6, it really is the least you could do.

Best,

A&A  

On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered,"life will never be the same" Image and video hosting by TinyPicalt="Lilypie 1st Birthday Pic" width="29" height="20" border="0" /> BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"