Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

XP: Share your sleep training tricks, tips and techniques

I was thinking it would be nice to hear from others who have started (successfully) sleep training what techniques and/or tips and tricks are working for them...Maybe we can all benefit from what is working for others....
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: Share your sleep training tricks, tips and techniques

• Options
    I have had great success with the sleep lady shuffle!  My 5 month old has slept for 10+ hrs a night for 6 weeks!
  • Options
    imagekmpage28:
    I was thinking it would be nice to hear from others who have started (successfully) sleep training what techniques and/or tips and tricks are working for them...Maybe we can all benefit from what is working for others....

my daughter sttn now in her own bed and it was due 100% to advice and tips i got from the ladies of thebump...

the most common theme was to set a routine that works for both of you, and to make sure your lo is getting enough calories during the day to sttn.  sleep methods varied... but what we have found works for us is a 545 bathtime, followed by a lotion rubdown/massage and then jammies, and then an 8oz bottle.. she's asleep by 7 and (usually) doesn't wake up until 630 when i get up for work.  she had been previously only sleeping in her swing, and would wake up 2-4 times a night.. but i would say after maybe 3 or 4 nights on the set routine she was off and running.  a very basic routine/method but it works for us!

thanks to all who gave advice Big Smile

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Routine, routine routine.  Both my boys were sleeping 12 hours a night by 12 weeks old in the crib.  I started at 8 weeks old with this routine with each of them.  Bath at 7, lotion rub down, book, boob, bed. In bed usually by 730.  No that I have 2 LOs I start a little earlier around 630-645. As things need to added to the routine DS takes to it real easy.  Like adding, brushing of the teeth, potty, even moving to the big boy bed were all easy because the routine didnt really change.  

Now DS1 is 25 months and the mere mention of a bath he puts his toys away and heads upstairs all excited because he knows exactly whet going to happen next. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"