VBAC

Frustrating first appointment

I met with my midwife for the first time yesterday and we talked about whether VBAC is an option. The hospital here allows it (very small hospital), but I won't even know until I'm 30 weeks whether I'll have a shot. There are no OB doctors here, and there is only one family practice doctor in this town that can be there for a VBAC.

When I'm 30 weeks I'll have a meeting with this doctor and he gets to say whether or not he'll allow it. The midwife thought he would probably approve since I delivered my son vaginally, but she couldn't guarantee. Then the other thing that could be an issue is his schedule. If he's gone, then I don't get a chance.

I'm just feeling frustrated with the situation. My only other option is to go 5 hours away, but that isn't really an option. With my husband's work and two little kids, we can't uproot for an indefinite amount of time.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Frustrating first appointment

• If you have already delivered one child vaginally I don't see why they wouldn't let you at least try a VBAC.  I would do everything you would be doing if the doctor had already said yes. Try not to stress too much about it, although that is much easier for me to say.
  • I'm sorry, how frustrating.  I hope things work out with the doctor.  What a weird system.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"