High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Question about BP

At my last appointment my BP was 135/90..Typically my BP is 100-110/80. The nurse told me what my pressure was but I didn't think anything about it. Now, I am hearing that this is in the low range of high but definitely not normal. Tomorrow I have an appointment..should I bring this up? Is this reason to worry a little?
Born 27wks 3 day 2 lbs 10 oz 15 inches image My BFP chart BabyName Ticker

Re: Question about BP

• Options

Were you stressed out or nervous at the appointment? I know that I have a major doctor phobia and my pressure in the office is always around 130/90, if not higher. This is very high for someone my age and it has alarmed doctors in the past. I ended up getting an automatic home BP cuff and started recording it when I am at home and relaxed. They sell them on Amazon.

I am now at a "normal" OB, but when I was working with midwives at a birthing center, high pressure was not good, thus the home recording. My normal OB is not worried. I believe it is only a problem if it is continually high, but it never hurts to ask. I'd recommend a BP cuff at home for your own peace of mind if it stresses you.

imageimage
  • Options
    Actually, it was a very relaxing day. DH and had the day off work and DS was at daycare. We just hung out and had a good time. I was far from stressed out...nothing about this pregnancy has stressed me out. I haven't even had m/s...I have my first tri screening tomorrow and I will ask to have my BP taken again and see what it is..
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would bring it up, just in case. I'm on BP meds, and would consider this reading a little high for me.  Plus, a friend just lost her baby (and almost her life) due to eclampsia. Don't mess around with BP.  It is easy to monitor and be on the safe side. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I completely agree and will be doing so at my appointment tomorrow. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"