October 2011 Moms
Options

I have no clue what is going on with my LO...

Any ideas on what's going on?

Here's the gist of it...Healthy baby. Growing and peeing/pooping.  Breastfeeding is going great.  Prior to yesterday, LO was on a "schedule" feeding/sleeping every 2-3 hours and 3-4 at night.  Then BOOM! Yesterday he awakens every 15min, where I've left him to soothe himself.  He'll fall back asleep within 5min but at the 45min-1hr mark is screaming bloody murder.  For the most part he's passed all of the checks: no burp, clean diaper, full feeding.  This is day two of this daytime phenomenon.  Last night he slept like an angel (up only at 1:30am and 4am).

We swaddle him and 1/2 the time he doesn't mind the other half he works like a madman to break out of it, working himself into a sweaty frenzy. 

I cannot figure it out!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers

Re: I have no clue what is going on with my LO...

• Options
    how old?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My best guess would be gas. Usually if my lo wakes up screaming and isn't hungry, gas is to blame. When they are laying flat on their backs in a crib gas attacks really seem to bother babies. My lo gas is better now that he's a little older, but he took naps in his bouncy chair when he was younger and super gasy, the angle seemed to help.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemattandbekah:
    how old?

this....?

and DS had a very fussy day like you are describing yesterday and today he is back to normal.  the difference you ask?  he finally pooped after not pooping for nearly 36 hours....poop explosions all morning but he is smiling!  sometimes they just have an off day like we do.

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Options

imagemattandbekah:
    how old?

Four weeks today

• Options

imagethetheisens:
    My best guess would be gas. Usually if my lo wakes up screaming and isn't hungry, gas is to blame. When they are laying flat on their backs in a crib gas attacks really seem to bother babies. My lo gas is better now that he's a little older, but he took naps in his bouncy chair when he was younger and super gasy, the angle seemed to help.

I think you might be right.  Maybe my diet is crazy.  He literally just now woke from sleeping to screaming bloody murder.  He's a good burper so not sure why all of a sudden he's super gassy...?

Gotta run!

• Options
    holding him now...starting to think it's a little of gas and fussiness/growth spurt.  He burped when I picked him up and then started gnawing like crazy at his fingers.  He's a poop machine so no constipation here.  Hoping it passes soon!  Crazy days!!!
  • Options
    Gas isn't always burps, it comes out the other end too! Some days my ds is just gassy. I've been told it's just baby's tummy getting use to digesting food. Like another pp said too, also could be growth spurt. That seems to make ds either very sleepy or very fussy!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    When my LO is gassy she does the same thing.  Try a belly rub :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMegMo10:
    When my LO is gassy she does the same thing.  Try a belly rub :)

We do belly rubs and gas drops and we basically pump the gas out of her belly, by playing with her legs - bicycle them, push them gently up to her belly.  All of that usually helps to get it out one end, or the other.  Good luck, I know how frustrating it is when they're upset and you don't know why.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"