Upstate NY Babies

Coby Kyros Tablet - for a preschooler?

Anyone have one?  Just trying to get opinions on it and this situation.  G loves playing on my iphone, and had a great time playing on my mom's ipad while we were home.  Well, we get home from preschool today and there's a package addressed to him (which he recognizes and gets so excited to open it.)  Inside is this tablet from my aunt.  I'm slightly annoyed because she didn't tell us she was doing this and I am not a fan of getting a tablet for a 3 year old!  Now I'm not sure how to approach it.  I don't want to hurt her feelings, G already saw it and said, "Wow!  It's my own ipad!", and DH and I don't really want him to have it.  Ugh...  WWYD?

ETA:  I don't want to sound ungrateful...it's just that some things I think should be run by the parents first, like this...

Re: Coby Kyros Tablet - for a preschooler?

• Can you keep it for special occasions only?  Like specifically for long car rides?  You can also limit what you put on there, if there isn't much on there that interests him, he may not stay interested in it for very long.  It is different from an iPad in that you will need to get different software, I think. 

I think that as far as electronics goes for preschoolers, tablets may be better for them than gaming systemsm TV and even computers.  A lot of the games are very learning oriented with many different ways to interact.  The way the world is evolving around us with the use of smartboards in classrooms and such, it isn't that far of a stretch from how he will most likely be learning through school and communicating in the work force in 20 yrs or so. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"