Multiples
Options

Feeling babies move question

First let me introduce myself.  I found out that I was pregnant in October via lots of different types of HPT's lol.  It was an early test so I was surprised to see 2 lines at all :).  I went in for my beta testing and my hCG levels more  than trippled in 48 hours.  That was when I started thinking it could be twins but I didn't really believe it could be.  Well...last Tuesday my thoughts were confirmed.  During the U/S we saw and heard 2 babies!  DH and I are super excited and can't wait for the 2 of us to become 4!

Now my question...  I have been dreaming of the day I will feel my baby moving inside me since my BFP.  At around 6 - 7 weeks I felt what I think was my uterus expanding (like a spasm almost) and it's been on and off since then.  I was just wondering if you ladies were able to feel unmistakable movement of the babies sooner than if you were having 1?  I just can't wait to feel that!!!

Pregnancy Ticker image image image

Re: Feeling babies move question

• Options

I felt very very random bips and boops around 12/13 weeks.

Around 15wks I finally felt the flutters people talked about.

At 18wks I could feel Leftie move outside (the placenta is partially anterior on the right, so Rightie gets hidden).

Now I can feel both, though Leftie is the bulk of it. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have just recently started to feel my babies move daily.  My MD stated that sometimes with twins you feel them move later, especially if this is your first time pregnant.  In addition, one of our babies has an anterior placenta, which has prevented us from feeling movement sooner.  Congrats, and I hope you can feel them soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I can't compare it to a singleton since this is my first but I felt random little blips probably around 16 weeks but it wasn't until 17 weeks that I realized what I was feeling was actually movement.  From then it just got stronger and stronger.  At about 20 weeks DH felt it for the first time.

Natural BFP - 2/13/10, Natural M/C - 3/9/10 (Missed m/c found at 8wks 4days) Prenatal B/W shows I'm a Beta Thal carrier & so is DH. Onto IVF w/PGD... Jan 2011 - IVF #1 - C/P Mar 2011 - IVF #2 - Day 5 PGD, no ET, 5 snow babies May 2011 - FET #1 - BFP!! Twins!!! 2/9/12 - Our precious miracles arrived! Baby A 7lbs 13oz & Baby B 5lbs 13oz
  • Options
    I swore I felt a little flutter at 10 weeks, but everyone said it was too early and it may have been something else.  However, now at 15, I have begun feeling flutters.  It is always when I have just turned over in bed and lie very still.  As soon as I feel it and start paying attention, it's over.  But it feels just like butterflies fluttering around. I also notice if I get on a sneezing jag, sometimes at the end I feel a little flutter, but they are so fast it's over before I realize it's happening.
  • Options
    I just started feeling the one on my left this week.  Like many pp, the other one has an anterior placenta, so it's quiet on the right side.
    PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"