High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Moms who have had preemies....

Our little man was born 10w 1 day early (prom, ptl) for unknown reasons. 

I think I had two contractions and maybe one today.  Being a second time mom I'm not sure if it's normal to feel BH contractions this early or if its something I should be worried about. 

I really can't stop worrying at this point.

I have an appt with my OB on friday but I'm not sure if I should wait..??  Have any of you experienced this?  I have only had 1 ultrasound (at 9 wks) and haven't officially seen my OB yet.  I have a million questions about the plan this time around that will be answered this week.  In the mean time, I'm not sure what I should do.....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moms who have had preemies....

• Options

I would call your doctor if your having contractions this early.

I hope it's nothing. 

• Options
    Definitely call your doctor if you're concerned, but as I recall, I was uber-crampy for the first like 15 weeks (maybe longer) due to my uterus expanding... and it does feel like a period cramp. Of course if it's coming and going (you can compare to before), that's probably different. I have read of people having BH early on, though!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would def call and try to get in sooner, just for peace of mind.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with the PP's..call your doctor.
    Born 27wks 3 day 2 lbs 10 oz 15 inches image My BFP chart BabyName Ticker
  • Options

I'm going to agree with everyone else: call your doctor and see what they say. It could be uterine cramping, like the PP mentioned. I had that too and was super paranoid. It also seemed like my round ligament pain was a lot worse this time around, and that can seem like sharp contractions.

If you are having contractions, be prepared for your doctor to start you on progesterone shots. It's supposed to relax the uterus. I had my second week of them yesterday. It can make you pretty hormonal (even more than "usual"), but it's supposed to help.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't read through the responses, but I started having contractions that early. I called my OB and they said that it was NOT normal. Call your OB
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I would go ahead and call doctor just to be safe....

but hopefully this will ease your mind in the meantime...I started feeling contractions that early too and my OB wasn't concerned at all when I told him.  He actually reminded me that the uterus contracts all the time even when your not prego and I left feeling stupid.  With this pregnancy I freaked out over everything until we reached 30 weeks and he was laid back the whole time.  Then at 30 wks he became Mr. worrisome and I was feeling comfortable.  It was weird.  But I had several contractions daily from 13 weeks until now (36 wks). 

Also.....You might be a good canidate for 17P shots.  I just had my last one today and the last two pregnancies they have kept me pregnant.  i delivered first 3 at 32, 34, and 33 weeks due to a PTL for unknown reason and PTL & PROM with 3rd. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"