May 2011 Moms
Options

I'm such a fat a$$.

I put on 30lbs with DS. By my 8 week PP visit I had lost it all. Due to my PCOS my OB wanted me to come back in another 4 months and have lost another 15lbs.

I got on the scale this morning... Instead of losing an additional 15, I gained back 12lbs of the 30lbs. &#*%(&#&!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't even tell you how depressed I am over this. Sure, I'm BF'ing and that is some of it but... damn!

I have an appointment with my OB in 3 weeks and I am seriously considering canceling it. We can't start working on my issues if I don't lose weight. 

I feel like such a failure anddddd all I want to do is eat a sleeve of Oreos.

/vent.

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart

Re: I'm such a fat a$$.

• Options

(((hugs))) I've been working really hard on my weight loss. (I dropped 50 between babies to get pregnant too)

If you want to talk strategy sometime, let me know.  Have you considered joining Weight Watchers? I had a lot of success with WW in years past.  

In the meantime, put down the Oreos and bundle the babe and go for a walk. ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageLisa Frank:

(((hugs))) I've been working really hard on my weight loss. (I dropped 50 between babies to get pregnant too)

If you want to talk strategy sometime, let me know.  Have you considered joining Weight Watchers? I had a lot of success with WW in years past.  

In the meantime, put down the Oreos and bundle the babe and go for a walk. ;)

I've never tried WW. I've always been on the camp "I don't need to pay people to help me lose weight." Clearly that strategy isn't working.

If I bundle him he'll have heat stroke. It snowed in October and now its 63 degrees. I live in effing NY not Florida. Mother Nature is PISSED.

I'll PM you in a bit. Right now I need to go have a glass of water and a Wheat Thin for lunch.

fml

DS 6.12.11

TTC#2

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry honey!  I'm right there with you. I had lost down to my wedding weight and then the sh!t hit the fan.  Can you say "emotional eater"?  Anyway, I'm up 12 pounds according to my scales this morning.

FWIW, I've done WW before and it worked really well.  I missed the major point of changing what and how much you eat rather than dieting.

My goal is to lose 10 pounds before Christmas.  You with me? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm still working on the last ten pounds of my PP weight.  We don't have a bunch of extra cash, so I didn't want to do WW, even though I have some friends that swear by it.  Some days I'm good, some days I'm bad, but i just want to fit in to my regular jeans again, instead of my 'fat pants'.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in a similar boat. I gained 55, dropped 40 before I left the hospital, dropped another 5 or 6 in the first week home, then gained 10 back. I eat TONS right now and if I don't my supply seems to drop almost immediately!
    imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagebhilyer:

Sorry honey!  I'm right there with you. I had lost down to my wedding weight and then the sh!t hit the fan.  Can you say "emotional eater"?  Anyway, I'm up 12 pounds according to my scales this morning.

FWIW, I've done WW before and it worked really well.  I missed the major point of changing what and how much you eat rather than dieting.

Absolutely - we have almost 4 weeks so its totally possible! 

DS 6.12.11

TTC#2

• Options
    imagekerrbear72:
    imagebhilyer:

Absolutely - we have almost 4 weeks so its totally possible! 

Maybe we should have a Fattypants Friday check in, since FFFC is so lame these days.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm right there with you.  I haven't gained...just stopped losing at about 3 months pp.  I have 20 pounds to go!  Ugh.  I have tried several diets, including the 17 day diet and WW.  I can't seem to lose more than a pound or two.  This month I am trying no sweets, portion control and min. 30 minutes of exercise every day.  Plus I walk everywhere.  If these strategies don't work, I'm getting my thyroid checked again.  I'm all for Fattypants Friday!  At this point I'd be happy with any loss.  
  • Options

I feel you on this. I dropped 20 during my pregnancy and not only have I gained that back but I gained an additional 20! I wasn't thin at all to start off either. It makes me feel awful about myself. My doctor said it was because I had my gallbladder removed but my clothes don't fit, I have less energy (not to mention I'm already sleep deprived) and I don't feel as flexible. The flexible thing really gets me because it hurts more to work out so I don't feel motivated and I'm so tired that I can't work out as long when I do get off my fat a$$.

Oreos do sound delicious right now.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    I don't understand. I thought we were supposed to lose weight breastfeeding. I've been blaming my 10lbs on a severe dose of Prednisone, do I get another excuse with BFing? It sure can't be all that pie I ate this week.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagemeimsx:

I feel you on this. I dropped 20 during my pregnancy and not only have I gained that back but I gained an additional 20! I wasn't thin at all to start off either. It makes me feel awful about myself. My doctor said it was because I had my gallbladder removed but my clothes don't fit, I have less energy (not to mention I'm already sleep deprived) and I don't feel as flexible. The flexible thing really gets me because it hurts more to work out so I don't feel motivated and I'm so tired that I can't work out as long when I do get off my fat a$$.

Oreos do sound delicious right now.  

I had my gallbladder yanked in '08. Been putting on weight ever since!

DS 6.12.11

TTC#2

• Options
    imageMrsSparklebottom:

My goal is to lose 25 lbs before January. I'm not at all sure how it's going to happen, since I'm depressed AND breast feeding right now, so I'm pretty much just eating myself happy.

Hugs to you Kerr. Don't feel bad about yourself based on a number. You're so much better than that. 

The same goes to you missy! 

DS 6.12.11

TTC#2

• Options

Girls! You can't set such lofty crazy goals.  1-2 pounds a week is the kind of weight loss that is healthy and is going to stay off your bod.

I'm about to FB/Pinterest friend you all (which would be crazy lol) so I can help motivate. I never talk about this, but about 50% of my life is consumed with my fitness goals right now :)

• Options

I am a fat a$$ too. I have gained back 10lbs of the weight I lost right after having Alynn, though I am now hitting the gym hard. 

Want to me text you when ever i am there to get your butt there too? Oh and I have a ton of yummy filling PCOS friendly recipes if you want them. You really won't feel like it's a diet!  

Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imageLisa Frank:

Girls! You can't set such lofty crazy goals.  1-2 pounds a week is the kind of weight loss that is healthy and is going to stay off your bod.

I'm about to FB/Pinterest friend you all (which would be crazy lol) so I can help motivate. I never talk about this, but about 50% of my life is consumed with my fitness goals right now :)

I totally agree. A 2lbs a week goal is perfect because it equals out to 8lbs a month and that it what half a pants size? Losing weight after kids is so freaking hard. And i seriously just blew up pintrest with fitness stuff!  

Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"