Health & Exercise
Options

embarassing running question

I am an avid exerciser, but really only run casually 1-2 times a week. I'd like to keep it up as long as I can though and although I am getting slower and slower (10 min/mile for last week's Turkey Trot....yeesh) I am still hanging in there.

The one issue I seem to be experiencing is the need to pee while running! I will pee twice before running and it still makes me so uncomfortable while running and I have to stop to go during my run. And....this is the embarassing part....I seem to always end up peeing myself a bit while running. The whole thing is just making me dread my runs at this point.

Can anyone else relate? Is this a sign I need to stop? Anyone have any other suggestions other than trying not to drink much beforehand? I had to stop mid-way through last week's Turkey Trot to use a port-a-potty, and was so uncomfortable during that entire run, despite peeing twice beforehand!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: embarassing running question

• Options

I ran through my entire pregnancy and definitely had this problem in the third trimester. Honestly, I couldn't find anything that prevented that "need to pee" feeling, but I would do the obvious things like using the bathroom just before the run and not wearing clothing that was too tight. I found that sometimes it was more of a mental thing than an actual need to pee, and I was occasionally able to "run through it". If you continue to leak a little while running, maybe you could try using a pad? Maybe doing some Kegel exercises would help prevent the leaking.

It's just one of the fun little things that come with pregnancy, so don't get too frustrated. Good Luck.

• Options
    imageDPT0513:

I found that sometimes it was more of a mental thing than an actual need to pee, and I was occasionally able to "run through it".

This - I would have the urge to go, but ignored it and it was gone by the time I finished my first mile.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Haven't experienced this yet but am guessing it has to do something with being pregnant with #2.  I would not be ashamed to use port a potties during a race or build in potty spots along your training routes.

MY embarrassing running thing is getting "runners trots" during longer runs.  The urge to poo sometimes becomes so great I BETTER have several options along the way for bathroom stops.  I definitely give myself room to have a BM before heading out but sometimes I still need a pit stop along the way.

Lovely :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Do Kegels ALL THE TIME and trust me- they work with helping with that issue and in the mean time- wear pads.... or at least pantyliners. Good luck

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"