Cloth Diapering
Options

Help! FB XS won't stop leaking

We've been using Grovia AIO, FB XS, BG XS, GMD workhorse fitteds and KL0s with Thirsties covers. We've had a couple of leaks with the BGs, absolutely no leaks with the Grovias or the fitteds, but the FBs are killing me. We had a few leaks in the beginning but now it is almost every time I use a FB. I'm not talking small leaks either... DS2 peed last night while I was nursing him in bed and it soaked me, the pillows I was leaning against, and the bed. He soaks through his clothes and whatever he is laying on. He was 6 lb 12 oz almost a week ago and we're still using the smallest snap setting because it doesn't seem like it's too tight (DS1 is still too small for the FBs so we keep him in the fitteds or the Grovias so we don't have many of those to use for DS2.. we NEED to get this FB issue resolved!). We are using the EFF CD detergent (1/2 - 1 tsp) and following this wash routine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ga7FSyYMEU (sorry, I'm on DH's mac so I can't make it clicky).  Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or what I can do to resolve it? 
m/c 7/17/10
Dx: MFI- 3% morph
IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Re: Help! FB XS won't stop leaking

• Options
    Sometimes they just don't work.  FBs are rather notorious for leaking.  Sell them off and buy something else.
  • Options
    We had this problem when my son still fit in the xs but starting peeing more. You can try more MF inserts or hemp/bamboo as an option before you get rid of the FBs. If you don't have any of these, a cheaper option would be to stuff with a prefold for more absorbancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD is 6lbs 14oz and she is still too small for the smallest snap setting on the FB XS. We have to snap them even tighter so that one of the snaps just hangs loose. We hzve some with velcro and those work great...she just needs to chunk up a bit more for the snap version.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If the pee was able to roll out of the diaper while you were nursing, it's not on tight enough.  I'd say invest in a few prefolds and covers and try the FB when he's a little bigger.  On the other hand, our FB OS have just about always leaked.  They're pretty notorious for it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagesusangilchrist:
    If the pee was able to roll out of the diaper while you were nursing, it's not on tight enough.  I'd say invest in a few prefolds and covers and try the FB when he's a little bigger.  On the other hand, our FB OS have just about always leaked.  They're pretty notorious for it.

The weird thing, though, is that we have been using them for about 2 weeks on him with just occasional leaks until the past few days where he leaks every.single.time.  

m/c 7/17/10

BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options
    Are the inserts completely soaked when you change him?  Might be an absorbency issue if they are soaked.  If not, size or repelling would be my only other guess.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagejakstr0808:

Just curious, where is it leaking from? We had a similar issue where they leaked all the time, but it was always up the back because we couldn't get a good fit around the waste (since there's only two choices for adjusting the waist size by snapping) and the inserts would always pop up the back.  When my girls got a little chunkier they started to work, but then they grew out of them rise wise.  So they were definitely not my favorite NB diaper we used.  The grovias were great though.  We liked the Tots Bots tini fit too.

DH thinks it is leaking out the legs. I just don't get why they worked for like 2 weeks with no issue and now they won't work for us at all. 

m/c 7/17/10

BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"