High-Risk Pregnancy

Daily Bed Rest Check-In (Tues) 11/29/11

Good Morning Ladies! 

November is almost over...holy cow...really, December already??

Welcome Goodgollie to the check in - even restricted activity can be tough when its unexpected.  Thank you CurlingRocks for your genuine support to those of us on bedrest - as a veteran bed rester of 6 months you surely understand what we're going through! KTHappy, hoping that cerclage is intact and everything's ok. Big congrats to Smithuga for her cerclage removal and graduating 15 weeks of bed rest!  Hooray for the success story; we'll be looking forward to the updates on how you and LO are doing down the road.  And a huge CONGRATS to AMYE who, after 11 weeks of bed rest, gave birth to two beautiful twin girls on Nov. 17.  Mom & Babies are home and doing great.  We LOVE success stories!!!  You Moms are amazing for everything you're doing for your LO's.  Keep it up!

1.  What is the strangest dream you've had during your pregnancy?

2.  How many different supplements/meds are you taking? 

3.  If you could only listen to one artist the rest of your pg, who would it be?

4.  Updates & Vents

Have a great Tuesday!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Daily Bed Rest Check-In (Tues) 11/29/11

• It's embarassing how I pounce on these threads!! 

1.  What is the strangest dream you've had during your pregnancy?

Honestly, I have had a lot of... um... sexy dreams.  Embarrassed

Not too bad - progesterone suppositories, baby aspirin and prenatals.  Compared to the 1st tri list and all the IVF drugs beforehand, this is nothing! 

3.  If you could only listen to one artist the rest of your pg, who would it be?

Wilco, who I hope *someone* has heard of.  Which reminds me - I started using the "belly buds".  I downloaded 100 Baby Einstein songs for $9.99 on iTunes, and the little guy seems to really like it!!

4.  Updates & Vents

Deliveries are starting to arrive... rug yesterday, bedding should be here today.  It's going to start looking like a baby is actually going to be joining this household!

• imageekaj_woof:

Wilco, who I hope *someone* has heard of.  Which reminds me - I started using the "belly buds".  I downloaded 100 Baby Einstein songs for $9.99 on iTunes, and the little guy seems to really like it!!

Have heard of, seen several times, and spend most of the day listening to the "Wilco Radio" station I created on Pandora.  They are awesome!

• Loading the player...
  • imagelisac1017:
    imageekaj_woof:

Have heard of, seen several times, and spend most of the day listening to the "Wilco Radio" station I created on Pandora.  They are awesome!

That makes me so happy!  I'm originally from Chicago, so I have followed them since the beginning (heck, even earlier with Uncle Tupelo)!  We have tix to see them on the 10th and my husband is going without me.  I told him to expect a lot of passive agressive behavior for days after!!

• 1. What is the strangest dream you've had during your pregnancy?

I dreamed that one of the doctors I work with was at my delivery and named Baby B when she came out and named her Kate. It was an odd dream...

2. How many different supplements/meds are you taking?

I have a rather big list. Tylenol #3 for back pain, Nexium for heart burn, also zantac and tums when the Nexium isn't enough. Immovane for when I can't sleep, Benedryl for pupps, and the usual prenatal vitamins.

3. If you could only listen to one artist the rest of your pg, who would it be?

Don't listen to much music now. More so just watch tv.

4. Updates & Vents

I keep having awful dreams that something is wrong with one of the babies. I hate it!!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1.  What is the strangest dream you've had during your pregnancy?
    Ekaj_woof reminded me that I've had some rather, um, promiscuos dreams too.  But most significantly, last night I kept waking up from the same dream that LO had just gone from 5lbs to 14lbs and the doctors didn't know what to do.  My rational mind kept trying to tell my dream mind that 14 lbs isn't possible...but anything's possible in a dream state!

Five that I have to take:  Prenatals, FishOils, Procardia, Colace, Claritin, and tums as necessary. And I have to test my blood sugar 2x per day. :)

Despite the fact I have Wilco Radio on all day, I'd probably choose Jimmy Buffett just because I have so many of his CD's and his music takes me a away to another world.  Problem is, I'd probably really crave a few good beers too. 

4.  Updates & Vents
    My doctor is taking no pity on me for all the contractions I'm having or how strong they are.  My CL is still hanging in there at 2.7cm.  So I just have to keep dealing with the discomfort.  Next major goal is 37 weeks.  In case anyone missed the BRU cyber sale yesterday, it's been extended til today b/c the system crashed last night.

• Happy Tuesday!  Hope everyone's doing well! 

1.  What is the strangest dream you've had during your pregnancy?  I know I've had some weird ones, including some promiscuous ones.  Last night I had a dream I was a high school student and I kept getting lost in the school.  It wasn't my high school, either. 

2.  How many different supplements/meds are you taking?  Quite a few!  Insulin, Synthroid, Labetalol (for BP), baby aspirin, Lovenox, Vit D3, Benadryl for sleep, Colace, prenatal vitamin, folic acid.

3.  If you could only listen to one artist the rest of your pg, who would it be?  Hmm.  Not sure.  Probably no one in particular.  I listen to my ipod often and there's lots of Journey, Billy Joel, Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry.  A big variety! 

4.  Updates & Vents: I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow.  Another milestone!  I have a NST and a BPP tomorrow.  A little nervous about them.  I know they're easy tests but I'm just worried they'll find something wrong and I'll end up getting admitted to L & D. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. What is the strangest dream you've had during your pregnancy?

I, too, am a member of the "sexy dreams" club. I blame it on the complete pelvic rest :).

2. How many different supplements/meds are you taking?

Only 3 - prenatal gummy vitamins, Procardia, and Colace. I am SO glad to be done with the heparin shots I was receiving in the hospital. I still have massive bruises on my legs from them.

3. If you could only listen to one artist the rest of your pg, who would it be?

My taste in music is pretty eclectic, so it's hard to pick just one, but probably Jewel. I have loved her since I was a teenager and her music is so soothing. In reality, it will probably be mostly Christmas music though.

4. Updates & Vents

I had my first appointment yesterday with one of my regular OBs since being released from the hospital, and it went well. He is a very seasoned, well-regarded doctor in our community and it takes a lot to rattle him. He said I was fine to be a little less restrictive in my bed rest (i.e., cooking, short trips to the store, etc.), and could resume most normal activities at 36 weeks if I felt comfortable. It was so nice not to be treated like a ticking time bomb for the first time in weeks!

• I know it sounds weird, but I liked Michael Buble on my Bellybuds, hahah! The baby is going to be a Frank Sinatra impersonator.
  • 1.  What is the strangest dream you've had during your pregnancy?  Last week I had a dream that our trip to Disney was going to be in two weeks, not late February as it is booked.  And I was all panicked because there was no way I could go and it was too late to book the dates/hotel we wanted. I woke up reminding myself that everything with the trip is just fine. lol

2.  How many different supplements/meds are you taking? Other than vitamins, just Nifedipine (procardia) which only seems to do so much.

3.  If you could only listen to one artist the rest of your pg, who would it be?  Oh this is tough.  The other day I caught a recent live show of James Taylor and I got teary eyed. lol When I went to sleep away camp the first time I had terrible homesickness. I listened to his greatest hits tape every night to fall asleep and to this day it brings this wonderful feeling of comfort.

4.  Updates & Vents   I am bummed that my plans to take my daughter to see Santa are on hold. I am annoyed that I cannot be decorating the house as I want or hitting the mall to get some shopping done (I am a person that actually likes shopping at the mall during the holidays. I love the music and decorations and I like actually seeing what I am buying a person). last vent, it is stressful trying to control my sugars ( i have GD) without being able to take walks.

Ummm, I was contracting long and hard last night for a few hours. Things finally settled down after midnight and I was able to sleep. now, if I walk around at all, I start contracting. 

Photobucket
  • Looks like I'm joining you ladies. I'm 25w 3d and just got put on bed rest this afternoon for contractions. I've been having them since 13 weeks, but was really hoping to make it to the end of the year without any restrictions. Anyway, I started my weekly progesterone shots today, as well as procardia. Guess I'll have plenty of time over the next few weeks/months to get to know you! 

1.  What is the strangest dream you've had during your pregnancy? A couple of nights ago, I had one in which I was back at my high school playing the clarinet. Keith Urban was there, because we were playing some of his songs. And, he was SUPER jealous of my musical talents! Lol, it makes no sense!

2.  How many different supplements/meds are you taking?  prenatal, procardia, weekly shots. Been taking robitussen (sp?) for the past couple of days for a nasty cold.

3.  If you could only listen to one artist the rest of your pg, who would it be? Eminem

4.  Updates & Vents I have a HUGE, important work meeting tomorrow that I've been anxious about for weeks. Now, I won't be there and will have to hear the news secondhand. Booh :(

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1.  What is the strangest dream you've had during your pregnancy?

I have a lot of nightmares where people are kicking my stomach from the outside.  It's very scary and usually I freak out my husband because I wake up screaming and crying...but I think it might be because my twins are super active and perhaps they are kicking me from the inside in the middle of the night...????  But yes, also risque dreams...

Synthyroid, Vitamin D, prenatal, procardia, indomethacin (indocin), tums when necessary, now Vitamin C since I think I am coming down with a cold. :(  I finally got an iPOD app to help me manage everything because I get confused with the different times/days I have to take this stuff!!!

Oi.  Hard one.

4.  Updates & Vents

Had a good appt today, I look stable.  I just struggle with wondering if my MFM and OB are too conservative, and that maybe they put me on bedrest too early...I know that's probably not the case as who knows what would happen otherwise and it's better safe than sorry, I guess I just hate that it's eating into my maternity leave and that I've found that being on bedrest I "feel" worse physically than when I wasn't.  :T  Hopefully these kind of irrational thoughts are just because I'm tired and irritated and that they will soon go away.

Spontaneous Boy / Girl Twins, put on bedrest at 27 wks, gave birth at 33 weeks, took my twins home at 35.5 weeks and they are growing fast! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"