TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Open letter to your LO

I am approaching what would be my LO's 3rd Birthday.  I often think about writing her a letter, and I think now is the time.  I would love to share the letter with all of you, I would love to read letters to your LOs.  So if you are willing, write a letter to your LO(s) and share with us.

ETA: Post and run, I will post mine a little later.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
TTC #1 since 6.10
SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
HSG= All clear & perfect
Currently learning to live Child Free
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
?Big Girls have babies too!?
??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??

Re: Open letter to your LO

• I would love to read what you wrote!

I talk to Aurora all of the time. If anyone was a fly on my wall when I am home alone, they'd think I was nuts! Never really thought about writing a letter... I might have to though.  

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• This is a good idea.  I don't think I'm ready to write to the twins yet, but maybe I'll do Chris and Ziggy.
    Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I wrote Shiloh a little note and sent it in a balloon on Oct 15th.. but I talk to her daily.. actually to make myself feel not quite as crazy.. I talk to the stuff animal that I have that represents her.. I love this idea.. I have often thought of writing out a long letter.. maybe on what would have been her first birthday.. ((huge hugs))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I haven't written a letter to my lo's, but I love the idea and think I will do it soon.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• DH and I both wrote a long note to our first LO bout 2 months after.  That inspired us to create a FB group only us two can see.  Now we leave little notes to the babies whenever we want.  It REALLY helps DH a lot, and it lets me see when he's having a bad day.  He can't always say "I miss them" to me, but he can tell them "I miss you" all the time.
    TTC since June 2009 DX: PCOS October 2010
    6 medicated cycles, 2 pregnancies, 1 ectopic April 2011, Early Miscarriage August 2011
    7 more cycles, 1 IUI, No success after last pregnancy
    7/1/2012 No more fertility coverage
    8/17/2012 started pursuing domestic infant adoption!
    11/26/2012 HOME STUDY APPROVED!!!
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    When relaxing didn't work is my new blog!
  • This was a lot harder than I thought.  I have so much I want to say.  So, here is what I have so far:

Dear Baby E,
       In a few days you would be 3 years old.  I think about you every day.  I often wonder what you would be like.  I would hope you are like me.  I know why I was blessed with you, and I also know why you had to leave.  You taught me valuable lessons I would never had learned without you.  I knew I was pregnant with you before the test was positive, and as soon as I got confirmation you were real, I knew I would never hold you in my arms.  Please don't think that means I didn't want you.  As soon as I knew, my life changed, everything I did was for you. 

I often wonder if there was anything I could have done differently to bring you to my arms.  Sometimes I need to remind myself that I am a Mother, that I have you.  I hope you have met all of the family you have up there, if not, you need to.  Please tell them I miss them, and know I miss you too.  I hope you are taking care of a sibling for us.  When you feel we are ready, please send your sibling to us, let them know they have to stay, they have to be the one who is held.  Watch over us, calm me when I am mad, hold me when I am sad and laugh with me when I'm happy.

I love you, my first baby.  I feel I should not be so upset about you still, but I can't help it.  Dan tells me I will always have a hole in my heart for you, and he is right.  Dan is my new husband, I am sorry I had to leave your bio Dad.  You would really like Dan though, he takes good care of me, and he would love you so much!  I know you, you are real.

Happy (almost) Birthday baby!

Love,

Mom

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
  • Rawr, that is a beautiful letter.
    Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The morning after I found out I was pg with our first baby, I noticed that our laptop was on, and when I looked closer, I realized that my DH had written a letter to our baby. He was really super, duper freaked out about becoming a father, and after I read it, I realized that he was cautious but really excited.

Needless to say, the tears flowed the whole time, and when he finally woke up, I hugged him and we cried - tears of joy.

I haven't read the note since that day, and I don't even know where it is - we've since gotten a new laptop. I should really find it - if I do, I will post it.

* PG #1 2/26/09: mm/c 4/14/09 at 10w4d | PG #2 8/5/09: mm/c 9/29/09 at 11w3d (boy) * 
    * CP's 4/14/10, 9/1/10, 4/19/11, 5/24/11, 10/14/13, 11/16/13 *
    * Ectopic 1/17/14 - nothing on u/s at 6w4d * 
    * PG #7 BFP 12/21/11 - DD born 8/31/12 * 
    * DH Dx'd with balanced translocation in 2011 *

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Here is the one that my DH wrote, and something that I wrote that I don't even remember writing:

2/28/09, 12:03 pm

Hi baby ?

At the moment, you?re roughly 8 ? 8 ? months from being born, I don?t even know. I only found out that you?re going to exist about 5 hours ago. I wanted to write this to you because I don?t know that I?d ever be able to really express how I felt ?in the moment.? I would have written this by hand, but no one can read my hand writing, not even me.

Anyway, at the moment, I?m excited/terrified for your birth. As I write this I have an ear to ear grin on my face because I can?t wait to meet you. I wonder what you?ll be like, if you?ll be a boy or girl, how the hell your mother and I are going to do a good job raising you, but I hope we will.

This is a moment I?ve thought about for a long time and right now it doesn?t seem entirely real. You are still a long way away from being a part of my life, but my life is already different knowing you?ll be here. I?d like to think that you?ve grown up believing your mother and I have it all together and we know what we?re doing, but believe me, right now, we don?t have the slightest clue.

But that?s OK, we?ll figure it out. I?m sure by now we?ve made mistakes, things you wish had been done differently. But know this, at this very moment, I have every intention to do everything right for you and want you to grow up to be the happiest child that?s ever existed.

I can?t wait to play. Really. I?m pretty good at playing and I?m really looking forward to all the toys. At the moment, the Wii is the biggest toy out there. It?s pretty fun. It is the 4th generation of Nintendo video games (the first being the Nintendo, which I got when I was 10 in 1986) I?m probably going to destroy you at video games. It?s not your fault, you?re just a kid and I?ve had a lot more practice. By the time you read this, you?ve probably been beating me for years.

Bottom line is, we?re going to have a great time together. I don?t care what you wind up liking, it?s going to be fun for me. (and it?s not that I play video games a lot at this point, I haven?t done so in years, it was the first thing that popped into my head, your grandfather and I played them a lot when I was kid).

Well, I?m rambling now, clearly, but I felt that this was a pretty important occasion in your life (and mine) and just wanted to take minute to jot down how I?m feeling about it. I?m sure you?re cringing at the corny-ness of this at the moment, but I don?t really care. I just want you to know that I can?t wait to be your dad, and I can?t even begin to tell you how weird that sounds to say (I guess write) out loud.

Sincerely,

Your Dad.

4/9/09

Dear Baby,

Today we found out that you are no longer with us.  I just want you to know that in the short time you were in our lives, you brought so much joy to us.  Your mom and dad loved you very much, and we?re so sorry that we are not going to get to meet you.  

We love you baby and will miss you.

Love, Mom

* PG #1 2/26/09: mm/c 4/14/09 at 10w4d | PG #2 8/5/09: mm/c 9/29/09 at 11w3d (boy) * 
    * CP's 4/14/10, 9/1/10, 4/19/11, 5/24/11, 10/14/13, 11/16/13 *
    * Ectopic 1/17/14 - nothing on u/s at 6w4d * 
    * PG #7 BFP 12/21/11 - DD born 8/31/12 * 
    * DH Dx'd with balanced translocation in 2011 *

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Your letter is beautiful...it encapsulates what a lot of us feel,even when we don't have the words to say it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"