October 2011 Moms
Options

Chapped hands

'Tis the season for dry and cracked skin, but my hands don't usually look this bad this early.  It's only my right hand so I'm thinking diaper wipes are to blame?  I've actually scratched LO a few times with my hangnails.Sad  How are you dealing with dry skin and are you doing anything to prevent it, like wearing gloves to change baby?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Chapped hands

• Options
    i used a bit of the baby's diaper creme (a&d to be exact, but almost any of them will do) every time i washed my hands. Then emery board the hangnails and you will be golden. If you want your hand SUPER soft, invest in a salt scrub (i personally love the ones from Lush)
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH uses Cerave for his hands because they get really bad in the winter and it is the only thing we have found that will help.  It doesn't wash away and wear off as quickly as most lotions and creams.  Some stores don't carry it but the pharmacy might have it or can special order it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a patch of dry skin on my hand and I was afraid to use my normal cream since I'm always touching M.  I tried putting my Lansinoh lanolin cream on it (yes, the one you're suppose to use to relieve sore nipples) and it worked wonders!  I figured it was in no way dangerous since babies can ingest part of it.  I also use Wellskin's Barriere silicone skin cream.  It's also non toxic.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"