October 2011 Moms
Options

Dr Dumb--Venting

My LO's pedi is a dumb@$$. 

For weeks I have been struggling with long appointment times (he is the only doctor, and he sees 6 patients at a time), conflicting information, nurses with 'tude, and a myriad of other things.

I should have known from the start, when he forgot to come to the hospital to check out the baby so i could get discharged. He commented on a "poopy diaper" when it was just wet. I'm sorry but I dont have a magic baby that deficates invisible poop. 

THEN when I told him my baby wasn't digesting the formula WIC gave me, he said "she just needs to get used to the taste". No. just...no. She'd eat it, but then screams from the gas pain. For weeks now I've had to spend money I dont have buying formula she CAN eat (my milk never let down, and she never latched, so BF isnt an option). When I asked for a doctor note to give to wic, he decided to soap-box on how much he doesn't like wic and how they refuse to allow changes to what is offered. He wrote out the note and said "ill see you back because they will find a way to deny you". wtf. He wrote the wrong thing down- milk protein intolerance. She just has problem digesting 100%whey protein. She is fine if whey is combined with the other milk protein. So i went back- he decided to go out of the office and didn't have anyone warn me when i called ahead. waste of time.

went back today- waited 2 HOURS for him to give the same diagnosis. I told him what he needs to write (what the WIC dietician told me would get it approved) and he STILL didn't write it. He got insurance money for 2 unnessesary appointments and wants me to book a 3rd for when i go back to get him to write the correct thing. That is NOT happening. I want to report him for shady dealings.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dr Dumb--Venting

• Options

Whey is a milk protein so your doctor is correct. Nestle is the only 100% whey based formula, you can't just buy a different brand?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"