High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Anyone have myasthenia gravis (occular)?

Just curious about pregnancy and dealing with this condition.  Does it affect the baby?  What do the doctors say about it?

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)

Re: Anyone have myasthenia gravis (occular)?

• Options
    I do not have myasthenia gravis, but I take pyridostigmine (mestinon) for a different condition and so far my baby is doing great (I'm at 23 weeks). I hope you get some replies from people who actually have your condition.
    Married to E on June 5, 2010
    Gave birth to baby boy, I, on March 25, 2012
    Gave birth to baby girl, A, on May 20, 2013
    Baby #3 due April 29, 2015

Recovering from mitochondrial dysfunction and Addison's/possibly very severe adrenal burn out using food, medicine, and a large amount of garden therapy.
  • Options
    I have MG not occular though.  This is my 3rd pregnancy.  I have always had a c-section.  My boys all spent a little time in the NICU after birth, as will this little guy.  My first spent 2 days in the NICU for observation only...he did have some temp issues but the was unrelated ot the MG.  MY second spent about 9 hours again only for observation and he was a preemie again unrelated to the MG.  During pregnancy my MG tends to improve.  I was on Mestinon with my first but DS#2 and DS#3 I am on only prednison..this time I am on my lowest dose ever since I was diagnosed 23 years ago.  Please feel free to PM me at anytime!

Court
    DH 40  ME 40
    GD, Myasthenia Gravis, Factor V Leiden

DS #1 born via emergancy c-section 01/23/06 at 37w

DS#2 born via c-section 10/27/2007 at 36w due to PROM

DS #3 born via repeat c-section 04/13/2012 at 39w

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away." - George Carlin
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"