VBAC

Well, it feels weird to not be holding my bundle yet...wasn't ready and still hoping for VBAC

3 doctors against 1... So, I postponed my section at the last minute last night. I just wasn't comfortable that I had given my body and baby every opportunity to come on their own. I have until Friday at 7am... well maybe 9am when surgery is supposed to start. I was 3cm and 80% today. The dr. stripped my membranes again today... I am so hoping it helps. I lost my mucus plug/had bloody show yesterday and today. I am still contracting well enough... I hope it is in God's plan to make it happen soon and avoid a section.

I am so glad that I went against my main physician. I thought he was wonderful with my first son... afterwards I have wondered if he could have done more to help me avoid the first section, but we were both safe and healthy after. So, I decided to make him my primary this time around. After the whole pregnancy minus a few extra visits... I have seen only him and planned my section with him. I have expressed my desire for a vbac from the beginning. He just shrugged it off basically. When it got to crunch time in the last few weeks he showed some support that i feel was to humor me. Then he flat out said I had to have a section if I got to my section date without going into labor. Well at 37 weeks I started showing signs of being able to labor this ride out with progression and great contractions.... He still stuck to having the section. Turns out he was going on vacation... I am so upset and disappointed with him. Anyway long rant... It is nice to have three other doctors support my desires and give me until 40 weeks. I will be comfortable after that... So, fingers crossed and prayers sent high! We will see what happens. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Well, it feels weird to not be holding my bundle yet...wasn't ready and still hoping for VBAC

• I'm sorry your doctor wasn't supportive.  Good for you for standing your ground!  I know that is hard.  Good luck with your upcoming birth. :)

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks... it was an adjustment for all parties involved... I cried bc so many people made and had to change their plans... and then gave me a hard time and asking me a million questions. The pressure was intense to continue on with the section. I am happy I postponed... It wasn't easy. I am hoping it pays off, but at least I won't spend my lifetime wondering. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Good for you!  That sounds like a really hard thing to go through, and I hope it gives you enough time to have your VBAC!  Lots of labor dust to you!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Glad to hear you made the switch! Hopefully it pays off for you!!
  • I'm so glad you postponed.  I was thinking about you yesterday.  It sounds like you are soooo close to starting labor, it's worth giving it a few more days. 

And don't feel guilty about the hospital/doctor schedules, they have to be flexible.  If they gave you a hard time, they were just being rude.  I was bumped down the OR list twice by emergency c-sections with my first.  It's just part of the process to expect the unexpected.

• Good for you!  And shame on the doctor for wanting your birth experience to be at his convenience!

Here's to hoping that active labor is in your very near future. :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Glad you stood your ground so that you'll be comfortable with your decision!  It sounds like you are thisclose to delivery, so I will be sending lots of continued labor dust your way.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Good for you for advocating for yourself. It sounds like you are sooooo close. Will your hospital induce at all or do they only allow unaugmented VBACS?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Good for you. It sounds like your baby will be here soon. Lots of labor dust for a pre-Friday baby. I can't wait to read your birth story, so don't forget to send updates!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good luck! It's really hard advocating for yourself, especially when you're very, very pregnant, hee hee. Sending loads of labor dust your way!!
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• It sounds like you made the right choice. Hopefully, you'll be holding your VBAC baby in your arms in no time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"