Philadelphia Babies

Holy Redheemer vs AMH

please share your maternity experiences.

Re: Holy Redheemer vs AMH

• I have had two babies at HR, one in 2009 and the other in 2010. They have done pretty extensive renovations to their maternity area. The biggest improvement I saw was in the Triage area.  I felt like there was a decrease in the quality of care I received from the first baby to the second. With the first baby, I had a nurse or aide in my room once an hour to check vitals, ask if I was okay. With the second baby, I think 4 or 5 hours went by before anyone came in to check me. I also had long waits after I called for someone to bring medication or pads. When we went to leave, the baby lo-jack system they had broke and we couldn't leave the floor. No one provided updates about the situation or could estimate how long we would be there...the whole situation could have just been handled better. I breastfeed and the lactation counselor was helpful on both occassions. Food wasn't bad. Based on my last experience and some recent issues with my practice, I plan on switching to AMH for baby #3.  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I delivered my daughter via scheduled C-Section at Abington in June and had an extremely positive experience. The food was great, the nurses were extremely sweet, helpful, wonderful - the lacation consultants were good (although one I didn't love, but that was just my personal opinion) - overall, I couldn't have been happier and look forward to delivering my next there! :) (not preggo yet)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecourtneybrooke921:
    I delivered my daughter via scheduled C-Section at Abington in June and had an extremely positive experience. The food was great, the nurses were extremely sweet, helpful, wonderful - the lacation consultants were good (although one I didn't love, but that was just my personal opinion) - overall, I couldn't have been happier and look forward to delivering my next there! :) (not preggo yet)

This is so funny I bet we were in AMH at the same time. I also delivered via c-section (after hours of pushing and LO stuck tight) and I loved my experiance there. I agree the nurses were awesome (i only had one nurse that wasent my favorite but then the rest were amazing), food was so yummy and you could order as much as you wanted, and my doctors plus pediatrician were very attentive and anwered any questions I had. My family has always delivered there when I was born there was a newspaper article about me and being the 5th gerenation Still Alive born at AMH with a picture of mom, gmom, great gmom, and great great gmom. Pretty cool.

• what a small world!!!! our babies are the same age, I love it!!! :):)

agreed with everything you said -- your LO is gorgeous!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • I just delivered my 3rd baby at AMH.....loved each and every L and D experience I've had there :)  FWIW, they have a level 3 NICU, HD doesn't.  That's a no brainer to me!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"