Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Anyone *not* doing photo holiday cards?

I just am feeling a little meh about sending out photo cards of DS this year.  Every year we have done professional photos and placed them into holiday cards for everyone.

I don't know if I'm being a grinch, or just wise in the way of our LO, but IMHO its a lot of work to get a 2yo to stay still for a normal camera (last year was stressful enough) Now he is well aware of a camera and wires, etc.  

Am I a bad parent if we were to stay away from professional cards this year, and just get normal Target cards?  

photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone *not* doing photo holiday cards?

• Options
    fred, since our kids could be twins, what are you doing for cards this year?
    photo notebook.jpg 

• Options
    We never send out Christmas cards.  It's not a big deal in our family.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm having B paint post-card sized cardstock from the craft store. I'm going to write Happy Holidays on the back and then sign it from us and the cats. No pictures, no fuss (B loves to paint, so it's hardly a hassle). Throw them in envelopes and bam, cards everyone will love on the cheap. 
    Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagerebus82:
    I'm having B paint post-card sized cardstock from the craft store. I'm going to write Happy Holidays on the back and then sign it from us and the cats. No pictures, no fuss (B loves to paint, so it's hardly a hassle). Throw them in envelopes and bam, cards everyone will love on the cheap. 

I cannot tell you how much I love this idea!!!  

OP:  You are not a bad parent.  Target ones are fine. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we just put together a bunch of photos from this year, and are putting them in a card to send to the grandparents. simple, no photo shoot, just pics from random moments this year.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Options
    I don't see what's wrong with normal cards but you could always just pick a recent picture of him to add into the cards for people who don't see him a lot. Sometimes I enjoy getting regular cards because people tend to actually write something personal in there. Most of the picture cards are just here look at us, merry christmas!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I always do christmas cards, but have never included a photo in them. Not a big deal, IMO. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagewishin&hopin2008:

imagerebus82:

I cannot tell you how much I love this idea!!!  

OP:  You are not a bad parent.  Target ones are fine. 

Rebus, you don't mind if I "steal" this idea?  Its brilliant and quite stress free too! 

photo notebook.jpg 

• Options

imagefredalina:
    I bribed her with marshmallows to sit for a twinkle light pic. I'm not thrilled with it but will probably go with it.

We did a candy cane last year and got some cute shots of ds eating a candy cane sitting in front of the tree.  Worked for us.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We aren't doing any cards at all.  I send pictures often to my family and friends that are interested in DD's cuteness.  I have no desire to send out cards of any kind.  I don't want to spend the money or the time.  We get them from a few people and I always end up throwing them away - I guess that makes me a grinch.  
  • Options
    I was thinking of trying to do twinkle lights, but I am sort of bored with that look and might want MORE. I may do a quick collage over the year and print & mail!

CafeMom Tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"