High-Risk Pregnancy

Bedrest success :) My twins are here!!

Just wanted to pop in (between my feed/pump/sleep schedule!) and share with you all  my birth story! Kate and Violet arrived on November 17 after 11 weeks of bedrest. We went to the doctor that morning and had a sono/BPP, NST and were supposed to have a cervical check... Well the sonographer made the comment that while they were both head down, the side of Baby A's face was against my cervix instead of the top of her head. No big deal, I thought... she has plenty of time to twist into the correct position. Off to the NST we went! As I was sitting there hooked up to the monitor my doctor's nurse came in and very calmly said, "Dr W would like you to stop drinking your water." Ummmmm WHAT?!?! I am a nurse myself and that translated to only one thing.... she thought we might need to have surgery that day!!! YIKES! I told DH this as soon as the nurse left the room and proceeded to freak out.

She just as calmly said "Let's just chat for a bit first." (I should have been undressing and draping for her to check my cervix... not the case) She was concerned about Baby A's position and also we learned that Baby B's cord was wrapped loosely around her head. She feared if the babies got any bigger or we went into labor/tried for a vaginal delivery then we would be risking an injury to Baby A and a cord issue with Baby B. So she wanted to go ahead and get them out. Within minutes we were on the board for a 3 o'clock c-section.. THAT AFTERNOON! I was beyond scared... the only thing I've ever had "surgery" on was my wisdom teeth. Hardly comparable. She sent us home to get our things and we were back at the hospital by noon to get all checked in. Looking back I am glad I didn't have more time to think about it before it happened. I was anxious enough as it was!!

Thursday, November 17 (34w5d)... Kate Margaret joined us at 4:08pm weighing 5lb 0.4oz and 18.5in long. Her sister Violet Sue followed at 4:10pm weighing 4lb 8.1oz and 17in long! They are perfect and beautiful. They spent 9 days in the NICU, never needed any respiratory support or anything! Now we have them home and could not be more in love Big Smile

The c-section went great and recovery was not nearly as bad as I was expecting. 11 weeks of bedrest seems like a blip on the radar now that I am looking at their beautiful faces!!

Here is a pic (after we got them home):

Married 8.4.07
BFP #1 4.15.11 Twin girls born 11/17/11
BFP #2 10/16/13 m/c at 9w
BFP #3 4/7/14 EDD 12/13/14

Re: Bedrest success :) My twins are here!!

• That is great news. Congrats on the beautiful little girls.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats on your sweet girls!
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • They are really adorable.  Congratulations!
    Cycle 7: BFP 1-17-12, Missed Miscarriage at 8w6d (measured 7w2d, no HB), D&C 2-29-12
    Cycle 9: BFP 5-3-12:EDD 1-24-13 It's a girl! Born 12-27-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh my gosh they are beautiful and I am SO excited for you!  I've missed your posts and have to admit I was a little worried.  This is the best news I could have hoped for for you.  Congratulations... and what an amazing job you did cooking your girls. Smile  I will definitely miss you on the daily check in...if all goes well I just have 3 more weeks of bed rest myself. 

Enjoy every minute you have with them!

Lisa

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats mama! They are beautiful! Glad everyone is doing well. And glad to hear another bedrest success story!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations Mama! What beautiful girls you have there! Glad to hear that they only spent a short time in the NICU.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"