Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Newborn rolling onto side while sleeping???

My lil guy is almost 2 weeks old and when I lay him down to sleep at night he seems to always roll onto his side. I usually move him back to laying on his back but without fail he ends up on his side again. I know babies should sleep on their backs, but I'm not sure if his sleeping on his side is ok? 

I think it might have something to do with when I nurse him that is the position that he's in (on his side) and he might go to that side sleeping position because it's comfortable for him. Maybe? IDK!?

Any words of wisdom on this... ?? 

Re: Newborn rolling onto side while sleeping???

• My LO does this too. He kind of curls up in a ball. Which is how I sleep as well. I figure as long as his nose/mouth are not covered, he's ok. We also have a video monitor on him when he's in his crib. 
    Because you're mine, I walk the line....
    Landry Mark: 11/5/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My LO does the same thing; she has never gone any further and ended up on her stomach. But we do co-sleep with her next to us so we can keep a pretty good eye on her when she lays like that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine sleeps on her side too.  I put her to sleep on her back, and she rolls right over,  I figure it's less dangerous than using something to try to keep her on her back.
  • For the first couple weeks mine did the same thing.  I asked the Health Nurse and she said as long as you are putting them down on their backs, its fine if they roll on to their side.  She eventually stopped.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My baby is around the same age and does the same thing. I think as long as they are comfortable and can breath they are fine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • imageLindsayB0505:
    For the first couple weeks mine did the same thing.  I asked the Health Nurse and she said as long as you are putting them down on their backs, its fine if they roll on to their side.  She eventually stopped.

this... I have heard you should always put them down on their back but if the roll to another position it is fine to let them sleep that way

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I was actually at the ped. today with my LO (6 weeks old) and she said side sleeping is perfectly fine.  They just don't want tummy.. which of course is what my LO prefers. 

• My LO is a little over a week old and has been sleeping on her side since she was born. The nurses in the hospital and her pedi all recommended this incase LO spits up or vomits for some reason in her sleep in will run out of her mouth instead of going back down her throat and there being a chance of her choking.
  • Mine does this sometimes also, she is even swaddled and rolls to her side and she was 2wks on Friday. We had her 2 week well check today and they actually gave us handouts for 2wk important things and one of the things said they can sleep on their backs or sides just not stomach..so we are all good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"