Potty Training
Options

DH and I are at odds with PT our 2 year old.

So here is the thing and I'd love some feed back from other moms.

We have a 2 year old son, (3 in Feb 2012) We started Potty training when he turned 2 this year, but it didn't go well. There were tons of outside issues that made it harder. The month after I found out I was expecting again, and we had a death in the family, and went form working to being a stay at home mom all in a few months. Well now our lives are settled down a bit, and Hubby wants us to get really focused on potty training, but I worry since I am due in 3 days that it might not be the best time to start up again since we are having another major life change for him. He is going from only child to being a big brother and just don't know if it would be better to just push through and potty train or wait until after the baby is here and he adjust to having to share mommy.

If anyone has any experience with potty training and new siblings I would love to hear it. I just and not sure what is best to try. I don't want him to resent his baby brother because he has to use potty, and his brother is using his old crib and stuff. 

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: DH and I are at odds with PT our 2 year old.

• Options
    I waited to potty train DS1 til DS2 was 6 weeks old and everything had settled back down because I didnt want DS1 to have a big regression.  It went well.  Besides you will have a new baby and potty training takes you being on top of running your son to the potty at a moments notice.  I sure as heck wasnt up to that immediately following birth of DS2
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would definitely wait. Things will be very hectic when the new baby is born, and most kids regress at that time anyway. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I too decided to wait until DS was 6 weeks old before PT DD. It gave me time to recover and also her time to get more accustomed to having the new baby around and sharing mommy. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"