Austin Babies
Options

pump parts for baby #2?

What do you replace for baby number 2 as far as feeding goes, new tubing for pump but other parts ok? New nipples for bottles but other parts ok?

I'm starting to feel grossly unprepared for baby. It's ok with me if he stays inside well over 40 weeks at this point.

What did you do to prepare? With #1 I read so many books, this time not so much.

Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>

Re: pump parts for baby #2?

• Options
    I would probably only replace anything that was rubbery plastic (tubes, flanges, nipples, etc.) because I would be more worried about how the old ones have held up after being stored for 2 years.  The harder plastic parts (horns, bottles, etc.) are probably okay but I would give them a quick boil bath just to be sure.
  • Options

Ha!  I JUST went through all of this.  Here's what I did (assuming you have a Medela PISA):

I bought this Medela Accessory pack, from Amazon.com, which has horns, valves w/flanges, 4 5-oz bottles with caps (no nipples).

Then I bought these Medela nipples (I bought 2 packs of 3, because I still have lots of bottles but wanted all new nipples).  I bought these, because they are all we used with DS1, with either Medela or Playtex regular bottles.  I'm aware this baby may not be as easy and we may need to try other options, but I wanted to have something to get started with.

As far as tubes/hoses for your Medela, you can order them from Amazon as well.  However, we had done some googling and learned that if you call Medela and tell them that your tubes have lost suction at the point where they attach to the motor (or if they have mold in them), they will ship you a new pair for free.  This worked for me just last week, and I got my new hoses on Saturday.  It was a minor fib for us, even though I always let the pump run for a few minutes to get condensation out of the tubes, they still got moldy.  That was when DS was a baby, I just didn't tell them that part - I just made it sound like it had just happened and they shipped me new ones, no problem.  Embarrassed

I think that's about it as far as the pump/bottles are concerned...

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I plan on just replacing the valves and membranes to my pump and then getting new nipples for our bottles (we use the dropins).  I'm just going to disinfect everything else.

Good call on the tubing amyliisa! :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I took my pump and parts to Special Addition and had them all checked out. They said there's no reason to get new parts unless there's something off (cracking, build up, discoloration, etc.) about the old parts. It had only been about six months since I had packed my stuff up, so I didn't have to buy anything new (though we did get a new package of valves since I seem to tear about one a week...).

Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Options
    imagebalihaigirl:

I plan on just replacing the valves and membranes to my pump and then getting new nipples for our bottles (we use the dropins).  

This plus I plan on picking up some new tubing at Special Addition.

• Options
    wow.  good post.  It didn't even occur to me to replace anything from my pump.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"