Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

waiting to hear from doctor = torture!

So after a lot of advice and encouragement from you all, as well as my husband and mother (who had 4 losses), I finally decided that I really couldn't wait until Friday to see a doctor (and see if my body would take care of this naturally).

I called the practice first thing this morning, and the receptionist literally made it all about her. She was like "I did what I was supposed to do on Friday and set up an appointment, the nurse came and found me and asked why I hadn't scheduled you." So I calmly explained that "this is not about you, this is actually about me - I am not trying to get you in trouble, I have simply changed my mind and want to talk to a physician sooner, as I am pretty sure I'd like to schedule a D&C."

So then we go in circles to figure out who the on call doctor is, and then she looks at my doctor's nurse's schedule and she's like "she's full" - well, duh! All of their schedules are always full - this isn't expected! If I could have planned this, I would have scheduled a D&C 3 months in advance around all of my other obligations, lady! Not to mention, I don't need the NURSE, I need the doctor on call.

She assured me that she would send a message to my doctor's nurse (who saw me Friday), as well as the on call doctor's nurse. I am probably being pessimistic but I am so worried she won't. Why do they have to make a difficult situation more challenging? This was all about 45 minutes ago. I am giving them one more hour and then calling again. So frustrating. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: waiting to hear from doctor = torture!

• Options

I'm so sorry to hear that,  I hope it will be better and you will get to schedule the D&C sooner. T&P on your way. 

Anniversary BFP 11/04/11 M/C 11/26/11
  • Options
    I am so sorry you are going through this, the last thing you need is the run around from a doctor's office. I hope they get back to you ASAP!
    BFP #1: 11/09; DS born 8/01/10 BFP #2: 10/11/11 EDD: 06/25/12 M/MC 11/23/11 @ 9 weeks, 3 days; BFP#3 3/10/12 EDD 11/23/11 Grow Baby! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ugh... that sounds horrible. I'm so sorry :(. I know you posted before, so sorry if this is repetitive, but is a visit to the ER not an option? I'm not really sure if they even do them there, as I went in as I was losing mine naturally. But maybe it's worth a shot? Either way, you don't deserve to deal with this. No one does. Again, I am truly sorry for your loss and your ongoing ordeal. We're all here for you if you need to scream or cry via online forum.

Hugs <3.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Doctor offices can be SO frustrating. I am sorry they are giving you the run around. I hope you hear from them soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sorry you're going through this!  What a frustration.  I hope you get some appropriate, sensitive care soon
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"