Adoption
Options

One-on-one interview with SW - what to expect?

I have my one-on-on interview with the SW tomorrow morning. All our paperwork is in, so all we have left is the one-on-one interviews, the home visit, and then wait for our background checks to come back so we can be officially waiting.

Any info on the one-on-one interviews - what to expect, advice, etc? I assume it is much like the first interivew we had, though more in depth about my family, especially since I had to write an autobiography.

Let me know if you have any thoughts! Thanks!

Cervical Cancer Survivor since 2007 TTC Since 2008 IUI#1 = BFN IUI#2 = BFN IUI#3 = BFN IUI#4 = BFN IVF #1 = BFN FET #1 = BFN FET #2 = BFN FET #3 = BFN IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = BFN FET #4 = BFN FET #5 = BFP!!! 06/10/2011 Miscarriage 06/21/2011 Adoption Application Submitted 09/2011, Personal Documents Submitted 11/18/2011, Home Visit 12/16/2011, Officially Waiting!!! 01/21/2013 MATCHED!!!! 01/24/2013 Baby Boy Born! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: One-on-one interview with SW - what to expect?

• Options

You hit the nail on the head.  You will talk about your family, your marriage, and your views on child-rearing.  It's just a chance for the social worker to talk to each of you alone and make sure you are both on the same page.

The same advice goes as for the rest of the homestudy:  relax, remember she's there to help you through the process and not to disqualify you, and be yourself!  Imagine you are talking to a good friend about your life, and the time will fly by!

• Options
    imageCaptainSerious:

You hit the nail on the head.  You will talk about your family, your marriage, and your views on child-rearing.  It's just a chance for the social worker to talk to each of you alone and make sure you are both on the same page.

The same advice goes as for the rest of the homestudy:  relax, remember she's there to help you through the process and not to disqualify you, and be yourself!  Imagine you are talking to a good friend about your life, and the time will fly by!

this exactly. ours took maybe 30 min each and it was a walk in the park. our SW wasnt looking for us to have the same answers just to see that we had the same train of thought and he appreciated our differences in the way we thought on some subjects.

just be yourself try to stress out about it, it will come naturally as you talk!

good luck!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

During the one on one interview she went over some of the info from my autobiography.  She asked details about how my husband and I met and what our relationship is like.

It was very simple, and certainly nothing to stress about.   Good Luck and have fun! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks everyone! I'm pretty relaxed about the whole thing. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything before I went in. Hopefully it is shorter than our first meeting!

Thanks again!

Cervical Cancer Survivor since 2007 TTC Since 2008 IUI#1 = BFN IUI#2 = BFN IUI#3 = BFN IUI#4 = BFN IVF #1 = BFN FET #1 = BFN FET #2 = BFN FET #3 = BFN IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = BFN FET #4 = BFN FET #5 = BFP!!! 06/10/2011 Miscarriage 06/21/2011 Adoption Application Submitted 09/2011, Personal Documents Submitted 11/18/2011, Home Visit 12/16/2011, Officially Waiting!!! 01/21/2013 MATCHED!!!! 01/24/2013 Baby Boy Born! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"