C-sections
Options

Get rid of my flabby belly roll!!!

Hi Ladies,

I'm 11 post c-section and am wondering what I can do about my belly flab? I still have about 10 pounds to lose and I think it's all in my tummy!!! It's so soft and flabby. And I have a roll above my incision. I've read that the roll may never go away (so depressing) but would love some advice on the best ways to hopefully get rid of it or at least tone it up a bit.

So, what did all of you ladies do? Crunches/sit ups?

Thank you!

Re: Get rid of my flabby belly roll!!!

• Options

I didn't know about diastasis rehab until I researched it while pregnant with my second baby ---- I would highly recommend checking this website out. I just ordered my splints.

https://www.diastasisrehab.com/

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    imageJacquiDerek:

Hi Ladies,

I'm 11 post c-section and am wondering what I can do about my belly flab? I still have about 10 pounds to lose and I think it's all in my tummy!!! It's so soft and flabby. And I have a roll above my incision. I've read that the roll may never go away (so depressing) but would love some advice on the best ways to hopefully get rid of it or at least tone it up a bit.

So, what did all of you ladies do? Crunches/sit ups?

Thank you!

I call this my c-section "shelf"!

I just had my 3rd baby/c-section. If you can find a way to get rid of the shelf I will love you forever.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Mine isn't 100% flat yet, but I had a completely and totally flat stomach pre-baby. It used to be my favorite asset!! Once you are cleared for exercise do lots of leg raises. Build up to them very slowly though because you will be shocked at how weak the muscles are. Lift your legs off the floor then when they are straight up, use your ab muscles to raise your butt off the ground. if you have a pull up bar, do leg raises on that too.

Just give it time also! I'm at 5 months post partum and honestly still have a tiny shelf but it's SO much better than it was before.

• Options
    I began running after I had ds and I ended up in better shape than I was in before I got pregnant with him.  Plan on doing the same this time.  It got rid of the gross pooch.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I refuse to believe that it won't go away-- I still had mine at 13 months pp with my son, but I didn't do a ton to get rid of it either. This time, I realize I have to walk/run, do yoga, abs and diet is a big part of it too. I just know it might take awhile, so I am very relieved this is my last baby (and I have all the time in the world). 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    For general fitness, and also a fun way to meet other moms, I do Stroller Strides--there are franchises/classes around the country so maybe some in your area. The workouts are good, just a little bit of abs but also a great way to get out of the house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"