VBAC

Intro!

Hi Ladies!

I've been lurking since my daughter was born a year ago since I knew from day 1 I would want a VBAC the next time around. We just announced this pregnancy so I wanted to formally introduce myself!

I have switched providers and am now seeing a midwife through the same hospital my daughter was born at but I feel much more confident with a midwife over the OB I had last time. She has no problems with me going to 42 weeks with this pregnancy which I was concerned about since my daughter was a week late.

She is also suggesting I see a chiropractor to help facilitate optimal positioning (DD was posterior) and has said that given my reasons for the c-section (fetal distress) that I have about an 80% chance of a successful VBAC.

Anyway, looking forward to getting tons of tips and advice from you all in the next 6 months or so and hearing about all of your stories as well!

Re: Intro!

• Congrats!  I'm in a similar situation, I switched to a new midwife that will let me go to 42 weeks.  I had a c/s due to fetal distress/FTP, though in retrospect I think a more experienced midwife or OB would have done more before making me get a c/s!  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Welcome and good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats and welcome, sounds like you have a supportive provider. I'm also allowed to go to 42 weeks and then if I haven't gone into labor, schedule a c/s, since they won't induce a VBAC. Hoping we both can share our VBAC success birth stories!

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• Congrats!  Sounds like you are in a great position for a VBAC so far!
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome, and congrats! It sounds like you have a good midwife for VBAC. I went to a chiropractor during my second pregnancy, and it helped alleviate my sciatica and just made me feel better overall. My chiropractor also does acupuncture, which I tried when I wasoverdue with my son (and I guess it worked, as I went into labor after my third session, hee hee).

Anyhoo, there's a good amount of us who had posterior/mispositioned first babies, and successful VBACs with the next one. Good luck!!

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"