Attachment Parenting
Options

Choosing a wrap

Hi Ladies. I'm hoping to utilize the expertise I've been reading in here for some input on choosing a woven wrap. I've been using my Beco Butterfly II outside the house and the Moby inside, but would love to pick up a woven wrap. I don't want to spend too much money, so the Didymos I covet is out. I've narrowed it down to a Gypsymama and a Girasol. Any input/info that can help my make my decision?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Choosing a wrap

• Options
    I would personally pick a Girasol, but that is probably bias because I own one and not a Gypsymama. I love my Girasol Night Rainbow it is nice a floppy! its my go to wrap! If your budget is around $100 you can also check out Natibaby. I just got DH a Natibaby cotton wrap that is very nice craftsmanship and is very supportive. A size 6 was $100.
    Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
    Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• Options

Have you looked at the FSOT forums on thebabywearer.com?  What's your budget?  You can find non-LE Didy's for around the same price as a Girasol if you buy used from FSOT, and then you usually don't have to worry about breaking in the wrap yourself. 

Gypsy Mama Balibaby Breeze wraps are ok, but they're gauze so there's a big difference in feel between them and german style woven wraps.  You can do all of the same carries but if you're not meticulous wrapping you'll end up with pressure points.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just got my first woven wrap, I bought a used Girasol and so far I love it!  I picked it up for $90, which I didn't think was so bad.  The problem is I want more!  I couldn't understand why people get so many, now I get it.  Beware :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLotzodotz:
    I just got my first woven wrap, I bought a used Girasol and so far I love it!  I picked it up for $90, which I didn't think was so bad.  The problem is I want more!  I couldn't understand why people get so many, now I get it.  Beware :)
    YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
    Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
    Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• Options

Thanks for the advice, ladies!

I did manage to pick up a secondhand Natibaby, and then noticed another post here mentioning 30% off Ellaroo, so I ordered one of those as well. Girasol will likely be my next purchase. I think I'm hooked!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"