Baby Names
Options

On the subject of Bernadette

Is Betty too much of a stretch as a nn? DH and I want to use Betty as a nn in honor of his grandmother, but we don't like it as a stand alone name. We were thinking Elizabeth, but I am having doubts. Mostly because he has a cousin named Bethany who's mom was Elizabeth and passed away last year. I really love the name Bernadette. Middle name would be Allison.
i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.

Re: On the subject of Bernadette

• Options
    This would probably be a stretch for Betty...Beatrice/Beatrix? Sorry that's all I can come up with besides your DH's cousin's name Bethany. I don't think Beatrice Allison has a good flow though. I do like Bernadette Allison.

• Options
    We considered Beatrice, but neither of us loved it. Maybe we could spell it Bette and it would work a little better? Or maybe it will be a boy and we won't have to worry about this. Fingers crossed!
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think Bette is better for a nn than Betty, but it is your child and you can really call it any nn you want.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

My cousin named her baby girl Elisabeth and nn is Elise.  I think it's kind of a stretch, but my point is that you can do whatever you want really.  I think she just calls her Elise for no reason other than she likes the name.  At least your nn has some family meaning.  :)

imageimageimage
  • Options
    If you love Bernadette with the nn Betty, use it.  It is nms, but Bernadette Allison flows nicely.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I was reading on a name site and these were the nicknames they listed for Bernadette : Be, Bebe, Bennie, Bern,Bernie, Berry, Bette,Bdette, Bettie, Betty, Dett, Dette, Detta, Etta, Bunny
  • Options

imageHeartcease:
    I was reading on a name site and these were the nicknames they listed for Bernadette : Be, Bebe, Bennie, Bern,Bernie, Berry, Bette,Bdette, Bettie, Betty, Dett, Dette, Detta, Etta, Bunny

Thank you. That is awesome. I love it from watching Big Bang Theory. My daughter's name is Hazel and I think Hazel and Bernadette would be cute siblings. I also like it because it is something that she can grow with.

• Options
    My only suggestion is Bettina/nn Betty. I would have never thought to use nn Betty with Bernadette, but I think it works pretty well.
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Hazel and Bernadette sound great together, and I think the nickname Betty works fine!
  • Options
    imagegisa886:

imageHeartcease:

Thank you. That is awesome. I love it from watching Big Bang Theory. My daughter's name is Hazel and I think Hazel and Bernadette would be cute siblings. I also like it because it is something that she can grow with.

Agree. You could also just go w/the NN Bette, like Bette Midler!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Options
    I think Betty is totally acceptable as nickname for Bernadette! Love it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I like Bette/Betty as a nn for Bernadette.  I'm the one who posted about Bernadette- I like the name, but I hate Bernie.  I actually don't like any of the suggested nns for it.  I'm having a hard time getting DH on board with the name anyway, but I like it!
  • Options

I love you for posting this!!!  This is exactly what I would want to do for a nn for Bernadette, but haven't posted this question since I'm not pregnant. I am so happy to read all the positive responses! 

I love Elizabeth, but it is too popular to use with our common LN.  Betty is a nn for 3 important family members between DH and I.  I love Bernadette so much, but would like to have a nn prepared that is feminine.

Bernadette Allison sounds great. :)

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think Bernadette is a beautiful name.  Betty is a very cute NN, and while I hadn't thought of it before, it doesn't seem like a stretch.

I hope you get to use this name!!  So great!! 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Bernadette is on my short (short) list, and one of the many nickname options I have written beside it is Betty. I didn't think anyone else would think of that combo, but I'm glad someone did, because now I know that I'm not crazy for thinking of it. Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"